+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit taking forever

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Hello Everyone!
I applied for my open Canadian Work Permit on 05th July 2013. I had been rejected twice before, once in 2010 and once in 2011. The purpose was to visit my wife who is working there. On 4th Sep I got a letter asking for additional documents (my old passport) and my medicals. I had already carried out my medicals and they sent the report directly to the embassy. It has been over 3 months now, we have received no further information and our hopes are waning and worries mounting. Please help!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Do you mean to say you did an UPFRONT medical i.e. did those even before those were asked OR you only did medicals when you received instructions from CIC?

If it is the former, you would have to have called the medical center, tell them about your details so probably they could extract your profile out and send it to CIC.

Though if it has been 3 months, it already seems like quite off.

Even if you did receive instructions for medicals from CIC and appeared for examination after that, still you should be able to check with your medical center if they have forwarded your reports already.

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
fkl said:
Do you mean to see you did an UPFRONT medical i.e. did those even before those were asked OR you only did medicals when you received instructions from CIC?

If it is the former, you would have to have called the medical center, tell them about your details so probably they could extract your profile out and send it to CIC.

Though if it has been 3 months, it already seems like quite off.

Even if you did receive instructions for medicals from CIC and appeared for examination after that, still you should be able to check with your medical center if they have forwarded your reports already.

Thanks for ur reply fkl!

Yes i had done my medicals when i submitted my application on July 5th. Then i received a MR on Sep 8 through email. I send them the scanned medical receipt and also confirmed with my medical center. Medical center said they had forwarded my medicals already.

Around Sep 9 I got a request to send my old passport asap. I sent it across on Sep10.

Since there I havent heard anything from them.
I have send them a case specific inquiry around 1st OCT but havent received ny reply.
What do u think i should do?

Appreciate ur help!
Ben

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ben0101 said:
Thanks for ur reply fkl!

Yes i had done my medicals when i submitted my application on July 5th. Then i received a MR on Sep 8 through email. I send them the scanned medical receipt and also confirmed with my medical center. Medical center said they had forwarded my medicals already.

Around Sep 9 I got a request to send my old passport asap. I sent it across on Sep10.

Since there I havent heard anything from them.
I have send them a case specific inquiry around 1st OCT but havent received ny reply.
What do u think i should do?

Appreciate ur help!
Ben
Okay so you have sent your medical receipt to Embassy as well so clearly told them that you are done with medicals. Also you were asked for old passport AFTER embassy received your medicals. So i don't think there is much that you can do. Just that if you don't hear from them for 20-25 days you can send a reminder email. But don't do it too often. Other than that i know it is very difficult but i would just ask you to be patient. There could be multiple things causing the delay and we have no idea about probable cause.

I am in pretty much the same state, except that i was done with medicals much latter i.e. around Sep 24, and i know that my results were forwarded to embassy around Oct 4 (being a case file of 5 people, it takes longer every where). So other than confirming that results were forwarded and letting the embassy know, there is not much that i can do either.

Keeping in my that in my country people have been hearing back from embassy after medicals in roughly 2 weeks - 20-25 days.

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
fkl said:
Okay so you have sent your medical receipt to Embassy as well so clearly told them that you are done with medicals. Also you were asked for old passport AFTER embassy received your medicals. So i don't think there is much that you can do. Just that if you don't hear from them for 20-25 days you can send a reminder email. But don't do it too often. Other than that i know it is very difficult but i would just ask you to be patient. There could be multiple things causing the delay and we have no idea about probable cause.

I am in pretty much the same state, except that i was done with medicals much latter i.e. around Sep 24, and i know that my results were forwarded to embassy around Oct 4 (being a case file of 5 people, it takes longer every where). So other than confirming that results were forwarded and letting the embassy know, there is not much that i can do either.

Keeping in my that in my country people have been hearing back from embassy after medicals in roughly 2 weeks - 20-25 days.

I have also checked in other forums and every1 ppl have who have submtted the medical request have received their visa/passport within 20 - 25 days. But as u said there is nothing left to do from my side. will have to wait and watch. Goodluck!