+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit restriction in health care field occupation.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Hello guys!

I got my work permit (PGWP) and it has a remark that '1. NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILDCARE PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHING, HEALTH SERVICE FIELD OCCUPATIONS.'

Now my question is that i got a job in hospital as a Housekeeping supervisor and i was graduated from Hotel management program in Canada Can i work in hospital as a housekeeping supervisor or Do i need to change my work permit conditions?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but possible you can only change the conditions by having a medical given that would be one of the requirements to work on a work permit in a school or healthcare occupation.

Whether housekeeping in a hospital counts I could not answer but given you might or might not come into contact with patients it could be a restriction. As said I personally do not have an answer, but what does your employer say assuming they have asked to see your PGWP.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
what is the process and how long does it take?

Thronion Alb

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
I did it.
Schedule appointment with a panel of physicians.
Go and make medicals.
Wait about one month.
Go and flagpole to the Usa border.
Its housekeeping but they are healthcare services. If u apply for a job there , u're application will be rejected due to this restrictions.

Reactions: Ravi saab

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
I did it.
Go and make medicals.
Wait about one month.
Its housekeeping but they are healthcare services. If u apply for a job there , u're application will be rejected due to this restrictions.
ohhh okkk thanks and did they charge you anything?? i mea did you pay again for your work permit to remove those restrictions.

Thronion Alb

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
ohhh okkk thanks and did they charge you anything?? i mea did you pay again for your work permit to remove those restrictions.
So.... i was prepared to pay 255$. Work permit and owp fee. Considering that was a new one.
But officer said there is no fee. Didnt paid anything.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
So.... i was prepared to pay 255$. Work permit and owp fee. Considering that was a new one.
But officer said there is no fee. Didnt paid anything.
Ohhh thats great. thanks for sharing that.

Oct 30, 2018
I did it.
Go and make medicals.
Wait about one month.
Hey Thronion Alb, do you mind expanding on what you mean by "Go and Flagpole to the US Border"? Do you mean just go over the border and come back to speak to a border agent?

My girlfriend just came to Canada on a year work permit and did everything she was supposed to to get an unrestricted one year working-holiday visa and work as a physiotherapist. Unfortunately she failed to notice the restrictions when they gave her the Visa upon arrival and now we don't know how to get them lifted. That said, she has already done the medical exams and criminal record check (before she arrived, within the last half-year).

Any information would be so greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

Thronion Alb

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
[QUOTE="Dolf Vermeulen,
To flagpole is to go to the border with US, pass into US border...tell to the US officer that u have to turn back because u have to apply for work permit. He gives u a refusal letter and guide u to the Canadian border. Once u are in the Canadian sode u tell the officer the reason u are there.

I dont know nothing about a holiday visa and how they procced upon your request.
As rule, u need the number of your medicals to make it easy.
I heard medicals are valid 1 year.
Anyway try. Even they dont accept your request, i dont think u have sth to loose.

Oct 30, 2018
[QUOTE="Dolf Vermeulen,
To flagpole is to go to the border with US, pass into US border...tell to the US officer that u have to turn back because u have to apply for work permit. He gives u a refusal letter and guide u to the Canadian border. Once u are in the Canadian sode u tell the officer the reason u are there.

I dont know nothing about a holiday visa and how they procced upon your request.
Anyway try. Even they dont accept your request, i dont think u have sth to loose.
That makes sense, I think we'll give it a shot. Thank you for the prompt response, really appreciate it!

Oct 30, 2018
[QUOTE="Dolf Vermeulen,

Just an update on my post above... We went to the US border to flagpole and it was a SUCCESS! More information below if needed.

My girlfriend, who is here from Finland on a one year working holiday visa, had restrictions for working in the medical field/with children despite taking all the steps to have those removed before she came here. After many phone calls and emails it seemed our only option was to apply to have them removed via the links on CIC's website. After coming across this forum we decided to give 'operation flagpole' a shot, by going over the US border and appealing our case to the Canadian border officers on our way back in. They were able to remove the restrictions there and it took about 15 minutes as opposed to 5 weeks (minimum) so we were pretty stoked! A few things to note - they said with a working holiday visa they were only able to make the amendments because it was a mistake to have those restrictions on her visa in the first place. She had done her medical examination and criminal record check BEFORE she came and all those documents were accepted on her application, so those restrictions shouldn't have been there. If she was wanting to lift her restrictions after arrival they wouldn't be able to help.

Hope this information can be useful for someone out there! Thank you for your help Thronion Alb!

Nov 12, 2018
Hello everyone
I got restricted in my permit due to my pregnancy. ANd iam already working in healthcare so my spouse OWP got refused. Now we have only time till nov 30 to reapply for him. My concern is I already quit that healthcare related job and got new noc B job. So is it possible to apply with new job without pay stubs so that I can upload later on while on processing or any other suggestions. Anyone who has gone through same situation please reply

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone
I got restricted in my permit due to my pregnancy. ANd iam already working in healthcare so my spouse OWP got refused. Now we have only time till nov 30 to reapply for him. My concern is I already quit that healthcare related job and got new noc B job. So is it possible to apply with new job without pay stubs so that I can upload later on while on processing or any other suggestions. Anyone who has gone through same situation please reply
Work permits aren't restricted because of pregnancy. They are restricted if there is no medical done.

If you apply without pay stubs, you can expect a refusal.

Nov 12, 2018
Exactly , I did medicals but x-ray . So my medical got uphold. My concern is whether I can upload my ne give letter of explanation that I can upload my new job pay stubs later on