+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Rejection, Reapplication or Appeals?

Kylel

Oct 1, 2009
A foreign worker I was interested in hiring was recently rejected even before receiving an interview. Like many others on this forum, the reason cited was "insufficient ties to the home country" or rather the visa officer was unsatisfied that the worker would return after his contract was done. I have done a lot of searching and reading on this forum but have yet to get a good idea of what I can do from here. Is it possible to appeal or reapply? How would the process work? Can some experts provide me with some good info please?! Also, what additional proof would be good to prove that the worker would return back to his country after the term of the contract?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The worker can reapply showing more ties (owning property, family, etc.) to his home country but chances of him/her getting approved are practically nil. If this is a skilled occupation, you might consider nominating the worker through the provincial nominee program or providing an Arranged Employment Opinion to facilitate an application under the Federal Skilled worker program. However, the job offer must be full-time, permanent, NOT a contract.

You also might have to consider hiring a different worker if your LMO has not expired and there is room on it.