+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit question..

unoy_po

Sep 7, 2009
to all, i have a question to all of you, once you got your work permit visa.... is that the one stamped on your passport or just a paper stating that you have a work permit.. and also how about to the family member you have do they get the same?

i appreciate your input...

thanks alot..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
unoy_po said:
to all, i have a question to all of you, once you got your work permit visa.... is that the one stamped on your passport or just a paper stating that you have a work permit.. and also how about to the family member you have do they get the same?

i appreciate your input...

thanks alot..
Hi

Work Visa (TRV) is stamped on your passport. When the Canadian Consulate/Visa Office returns your passport they send a letter with the instructions on how/where to obtain your work permit. I don't know much about what visa the VO will give your dependents though.

unoy_po

Sep 7, 2009
hi job_seeker... but they will still received a certain visa to go with me in canada right?

ur a great help...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No that's not what that means. TRV's are issued at the overseas mission. WP's are issued at a Point of Entry. Two different documents, one allowing entry to Canada as a worker, the other allowing work to be performed. Sounds like the OP is not from a visa-exempt country so will require a TRV to enter Canada. So will his dependents. When he enters, he will be issued a WP at the POE.

If he is a skilled worker, his spouse (if she is listed as accompanying and has a TRV) can also apply for an Open WP at the POE.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
rjessome said:
No that's not what that means. TRV's are issued at the overseas mission. WP's are issued at a Point of Entry. Two different documents, one allowing entry to Canada as a worker, the other allowing work to be performed. Sounds like the OP is not from a visa-exempt country so will require a TRV to enter Canada. So will his dependents. When he enters, he will be issued a WP at the POE.

If he is a skilled worker, his spouse (if she is listed as accompanying and has a TRV) can also apply for an Open WP at the POE.
Hi rjessome,

What about the dependents? What type of TRV will be stamped on their passports? Thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know the exact coding but their TRV is linked to their parents. They will be able to enroll in school, etc. with this. And also eligible for provincial healthcare but not allowed to work! LOL. Maybe PMM can shed some light on this.

Just remember that everything is linked. The TRV that is issued to the principal applicant was issued BECAUSE they met the criteria as a worker. The dependents are linked to the principal applicant and so on.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
rjessome said:
I don't know the exact coding but their TRV is linked to their parents. They will be able to enroll in school, etc. with this. And also eligible for provincial healthcare but not allowed to work! LOL. Maybe PMM can shed some light on this.

Just remember that everything is linked. The TRV that is issued to the principal applicant was issued BECAUSE they met the criteria as a worker. The dependents are linked to the principal applicant and so on.
To rjessome:
Okay. It seems that the OP will have to enter the dependents' name on the application form and mark whether accompanying or not.

To Unoy_po:

You will have to mark accompanying on the application form so that all of you will be processed at the same time. It is okay that they don't leave for Canada at the same time that you do. What is important is their visa application are processed with your own.