+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing Times - India

Jotti

Oct 21, 2019
Hello,

Has anyone been experiencing extremely long processing times for work permit applications from India? I am an employer who has been requesting the visa office in Bangalore to expedite a work permit application for a skill level "B" healthcare professional, but have had no success. The foreign worker is a provincial nominee as well, and i have even asked an IRCC Outreach Officer for support but still no progress.. Do I need to contact my member of parliament?

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Hi can you give me some more details about the NOC and how did you ask to expedite the application ?

Jotti

Oct 21, 2019
Hi the NOC is 3214, Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists which is skill level "B". Initially there were delays due to the VAC's in India being closed. The foreign national was finally able to get her biometrics done in early February, but no movement on the work permit since that time. I have instructed the foreign national to submit a Webform to the visa office in Bangalore requesting her work permit be expedited as her role is critical, and there is an urgent need.

That prompted a generic response to her. I then submitted a Webform on her behalf with our hospital letterhead explaining the critical need for her to come to Canada and provide patient care, and the impact if there were further delays, again this prompted a the same generic response.

I also reached out to an IRCC Outreach officer and she contacted the Visa office in Bangalore with my message/instructions, and again still no response. The feedback the Outreach officer gave me was that there are no flags on the application file, but it just looks like it's in the processing queue, and that some of the visa offices have been effected greatly by Covid.

I do understand that the pandemic is effecting India severely at this time, so I am sympathetic to this.. I just feel like I am out of options.

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Hi
I just looked at the work permit : COVID 19 program delivery page in IRCC website and the NOC is listed there.
so the application would be processed under priority.
can u tell me the timeline of the application and the webform launched ?

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Is it upfront medicals ?
also when did u raise the webform ?

Jotti

Oct 21, 2019
Yes, she had an upfront medical in October 2020. My most recent request through the Webform was on April 12, 2021.

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Okay there was a similar case with one of my friends and a month after the webform they sent him the medical request and ppr after a week.
but fortunately it was on March and high commission in Delhi was operating at the time.
so with your case it’s just until high commission in Delhi/Bangalore starts operating (atleast with limited services)
so I would just ask you to hang on a bit longer