+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing Time Passed

us1313

Apr 10, 2017
Hi,

I've called IRCC today and they said my application is being processed in NYC, even though I am not a US citizen and I'm inside Canada! My application was submitted(Online) in the first week of January 2017 and in the first week of March I did my medical exams. Since the 'Medical Approved', no changes in the IRCC website. According to CIC website, the processing time for Work Permit in US is 11 weeks, which has passed. Any suggestion what should I do?

Ty very much!
Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

us1313 said:
Hi,

I've called IRCC today and they said my application is being processed in NYC, even though I am not a US citizen and I'm inside Canada! My application was submitted(Online) in the first week of January 2017 and in the first week of March I did my medical exams. Since the 'Medical Approved', no changes in the IRCC website. According to CIC website, the processing time for Work Permit in US is 11 weeks, which has passed. Any suggestion what should I do?

Ty very much!
Regards
1. Your work permit has to be processed outside Canada if you are not eligible to apply in Canada.
2. The 11 weeks processing is for 80% of applications, as you are not US Citizen or GC holder, they will contact the Visa office in your normal country of residence which takes additional time.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
us1313 said:
Any suggestion what should I do?
Hi,

I also experienced a similar delay, i.e., for me processing time indicated in the CIC website was only 2 weeks (Japan) and I was not a Japanese. Then, it had been passed more than6 weeks. Someone suggested me that 'You can also use the online web form to request a status update on your own application, that is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp'.
When I lodge an inquiry, still there was no reply; however, in second day they asked me to submit additional documents (police clearances). After I submitted them, within 2 days, I received my decision letter.

You may try using above link to lodge an inquiry.

Good luck

viralraiyani

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
I just received passport request before few minutes.
Hope everything goes really well.

Thank you for your support.

ILU

May 15, 2017
Hello Sir,

I want to know about working permit issuance and how much time will take for processing since longtime in Dubai working as a office assistant job Accidentally I got a lady who is living in Greece I got her number in whatsup we texted little period I send her some money I understand her a agent So I text her first what is procedure for work in Canada she within some hours reply to me send PP cop & small size photo, and my half payment which is charging me around 1500 euro to my job visa she promising me to get job in Telecom company so I thought she will do good for me so I send her some 300 euro first to start my application process with in one week she send me a copy of Canadian employment clearance certificate and saying to me this is working permt which is apply by her to me now she asking me money to complete my application online now iam confused what to do and how I can upload a image to show you what she send me
Iam awaiting for your valuable reply and advice

Last edited:

Chunshi

May 10, 2017
Hi,

Ty very much!
Regards
Hi, have you received your final decision now? I applied at the end of Jan and stayed in the same situation with you.

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hello,
Just want to share my wp experience.

Applied my wp through lawyer aug 14 2017,

Sent my meds in oct 3 to ircc, tought it will speed up the process.

Got official meds 17 nov, submitted 20 nov 2017

Till now no response from ircc.

Pls share if anyone had same issues..

Cheers.