+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit, lmo issues please help.

May 31, 2010
Hi, I came to canada on an open work permit from USIT in Ireland.
Before it expired I enquired about how I may extend, renew or get a new permit.
I called canada immigration helpline to ask for advice. I told them there was a note on my visa that it could not be extended and what were my best options. They told me 3 times (three different agents) between november and March wen i sent off form that all I would need to do would be to send off a work permit form. I questioned this to confirm if I needed an LMO, and explained that while my work were happy to give me a letter saying i had a job with them they would not fill out an LMO aplication for me. I was told by canada immigration that I wouldnt need one and just to send off the form. So I sent the form off and got a refusal back. I have 90 day sfrom 14april to resubmit. I have been trying to find the best options and just keep hitting brick walls.

I have just turned 27 years old. I have a degree in psychology and am looking to get into HR, which I know is a protected profession at the moment in canada. however while my degree would've allowed me to get into HR back home an added qualification is required in canada. I was unable to do this qualification to date due to the fact my visa does not allow any full time education and any part-time or correspondence courses at the time were too expensive. They have since come down in price and I have noted one or two which would give me the qualification I need. However unless I can stay in Canada I cannot do the courses as they start in September.

I do not wish to return home as there is simply no employment at the moment, particularly in the part of the country I would be living, they have just closed one of their major employers. If I were to return I would end up having to seek social assisstance which I am deperately trying to avoid, I had to do it for a year after I left university and was applying to come to canada and it is not an experiance I wish to repeat especially not for the period of time i would doubtlessly have to do so, and it would certainly be a lot longer than a year.

I want to get into the industry of HR, I wanted to do this for many years. I am eager to do the course required and want to be able to support myself. I have never broken any laws and I pay my taxes. I just need help proving I would be worth allowing to stay in canada.

Can you help????

>basically is there a way I can get a visa for a year which would give me the experiance required for experiance class.
>can friends sponsor me and if so wot is required- I am living with 2 friends from univerity who are applying for their landed immigrancey and we have become extremely close with our landlords and neighbours who may also be willing to sponsor.
>or is there a way I can appeal in person and be evaluated by an immigration officer that way.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

little_ems2001 said:
I called canada immigration helpline to ask for advice. I told them there was a note on my visa that it could not be extended and what were my best options. They told me 3 times (three different agents) between november and March wen i sent off form that all I would need to do would be to send off a work permit form. I questioned this to confirm if I needed an LMO, and explained that while my work were happy to give me a letter saying i had a job with them they would not fill out an LMO aplication for me. I was told by canada immigration that I wouldnt need one and just to send off the form. So I sent the form off and got a refusal back. I have 90 day sfrom 14april to resubmit. I have been trying to find the best options and just keep hitting brick walls.

I have just turned 27 years old. I have a degree in psychology and am looking to get into HR, which I know is a protected profession at the moment in canada. however while my degree would've allowed me to get into HR back home an added qualification is required in canada. I was unable to do this qualification to date due to the fact my visa does not allow any full time education and any part-time or correspondence courses at the time were too expensive. They have since come down in price and I have noted one or two which would give me the qualification I need. However unless I can stay in Canada I cannot do the courses as they start in September.

I do not wish to return home as there is simply no employment at the moment, particularly in the part of the country I would be living, they have just closed one of their major employers. If I were to return I would end up having to seek social assisstance which I am deperately trying to avoid, I had to do it for a year after I left university and was applying to come to canada and it is not an experiance I wish to repeat especially not for the period of time i would doubtlessly have to do so, and it would certainly be a lot longer than a year.

I want to get into the industry of HR, I wanted to do this for many years. I am eager to do the course required and want to be able to support myself. I have never broken any laws and I pay my taxes. I just need help proving I would be worth allowing to stay in canada.

Can you help????

>basically is there a way I can get a visa for a year which would give me the experiance required for experiance class.
>can friends sponsor me and if so wot is required- I am living with 2 friends from univerity who are applying for their landed immigrancey and we have become extremely close with our landlords and neighbours who may also be willing to sponsor.
>or is there a way I can appeal in person and be evaluated by an immigration officer that way.
Sorry situation, but without an LMO you will not get a work permit. You can't be sponsored, there is no appeal, you are just going to have to return home.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
yes, unfortunately, the only way to avoid going home - may be unrealistic with your time frame / overall situation - of course you can still do these even if you have to go home for a while...
a - find an employer who is willing to apply for an LMO.
b - apply to a university / graduate program (full-time).

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
little_ems2001 said:

Can you help????

If your best interests are to stay in Canada, I suggest you apply for a course in a college/ university. Since you will have a study permit, legally you can stay here. LMO is the only way to continue with the emloyer...

Quickquestion

Jun 8, 2010
Lilemms, what was the reason for refusal? Was it that an lmo was not completed? If the reason for refusal is something that can be corrected, make the changes and then resubmit.