+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit from TRV

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
Hi All,

I want to apply for Work-permit for my spouse, she is currently in Canada with me on Visitor's visa. How can I do that, I am working here and my job is in Class level B.

Should I apply for "Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker" or should I apply for a normal Work-permit (online). Or are these two the same?

Please help.

Thanks

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ralo_01 said:
Hi All,

I want to apply for Work-permit for my spouse, she is currently in Canada with me on Visitor's visa. How can I do that, I am working here and my job is in Class level B.

Should I apply for "Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker" or should I apply for a normal Work-permit (online). Or are these two the same?

Please help.

Thanks
She can apply for an Open Work Permit by virtue of you having a job under NOC Class B. You could use the online application as she is in-country already. She needs to create her own MyCIC account to login and apply online.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/work.asp

She'd have to use the option to change conditions of her stay in Canada.

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
Thanks ragluf, I just read that :),

I can see the required documents for changing the conditions, it says proof of financial support, can I provide my bank statement and paystub as a proof of financial support?

Cheers,

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ralo_01 said:
Thanks ragluf, I just read that :),

I can see the required documents for changing the conditions, it says proof of financial support, can I provide my bank statement and paystub as a proof of financial support?

Cheers,
Yes. Note she is the one applying - so she should do the online application - not you applying for her. But the proof of financial support plus a copy of your WP are supporting her application. Payslips, bank statement, plus your T4 (if available) should be enough proof of financial support.
General rule of thumb I use is add anything strengthens the application (i.e. - my WP plus a letter of employment from my company - attesting my job and position and length of tenure - plus payslips, T4s and bank statements). Would not hurt...