+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for Spousal Sponsorship Inland

tiara1998

Dec 5, 2018
Indonesia
Hi! We applied the spousal sponsorship inland and we just got the Pre-Arrival letter via email from the government. When we applied for the PR we also paid for the work permit fee. When should we apply for the work permit? Should we wait until we get first approval letter? What exactly is first approval letter? Thank you! Much appreciate all answers!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi! We applied the spousal sponsorship inland and we just got the Pre-Arrival letter via email from the government. When we applied for the PR we also paid for the work permit fee. When should we apply for the work permit? Should we wait until we get first approval letter? What exactly is first approval letter? Thank you! Much appreciate all answers!
You need the AOR email. Which includes your application number.
Did you apply online or paper based? And did you apply for OWP (work permit if paper based)?
Paying the fee doesn't mean application is submitted.

Reactions: tiara1998

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you submitted an Inland application, why were you sent a 'Pre-Arrival' letter; you're already in Canada, right?

As mentioned by @YVR123 you can submit the OWP application (along with a copy of the receipt) once you have AOR.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
If you submitted an Inland application, why were you sent a 'Pre-Arrival' letter; you're already in Canada, right?

As mentioned by @YVR123 you can submit the OWP application (along with a copy of the receipt) once you have AOR.
I am inland but I also received pre-arrival letter today.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am inland but I also received pre-arrival letter today.
My impression is that they just send out pre-arrival letter as information for you.
It doesn't really mean any specific stage of your application has reached. (and different VO/inland/outland all send out or not at different timeline)

Reactions: tiara1998

tiara1998

Dec 5, 2018
Indonesia
You need the AOR email. Which includes your application number.
Did you apply online or paper based? And did you apply for OWP (work permit if paper based)?
Paying the fee doesn't mean application is submitted.
Thank you!! Yeah I thought by paying the fee upfront with the spousal sponsorship means that they will process the work permit too! My bad! I will submit the work permit application today! By the way it’s inland application. Thank you!

Reactions: YVR123

tiara1998

Dec 5, 2018
Indonesia

Hi! I have a question. When we applied for the PR, we also paid 155 for the work permit. But in the work permit application it says that we also have to pay for the work permit holder fee 100, so the total that we have to pay is $255. Is there any way for us to just pay for $100 since we already paid the $155 along with the PR. Thank you!

leo89b

Mar 2, 2023
  • Inland online application {submitted Feb 10}
  • submitted OWP application online {March 20} after AOR
Same payment issue:
Paid $255 for work permit while applied for Inland application.
Had to pay $255 again when submitted OWP because there was no other option.

Any chances of getting $255 back ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • Inland online application {submitted Feb 10}
  • submitted OWP application online {March 20} after AOR
Same payment issue:
Paid $255 for work permit while applied for Inland application.
Had to pay $255 again when submitted OWP because there was no other option.

Any chances of getting $255 back ?
YES! Submit the original receipt to IRCC ASAP (maybe via a webform)

Reactions: leo89b