+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension

BT919

Mar 27, 2018
I need help!

I submitted my paper application last sept 4 (before my work permit expire). I followed up CIC sept 11 if they received my application. They told me that it's not in their system yet but rest assured that I am on implied status.

I talked to a friend earlier and told me that CPC has moved to Alberta effective Sept 1. I just now realized that I send my documents to a wrong address. My work has now expired. Am I still on implied status? Please help!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I need help!

I submitted my paper application last sept 4 (before my work permit expire). I followed up CIC sept 11 if they received my application. They told me that it's not in their system yet but rest assured that I am on implied status.

I talked to a friend earlier and told me that CPC has moved to Alberta effective Sept 1. I just now realized that I send my documents to a wrong address. My work has now expired. Am I still on implied status? Please help!
If IRCC has not received it, due to an error on your part, the answer is probably no.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

I don't think that the definition of "apply" means that it's just been stuck in a post box. It probably means that IRCC has physically and correctly received it, even if no work is done.

Last edited:

BT919

Mar 27, 2018
If IRCC has not received it, due to an error on your part, the answer is probably no.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

I don't think that the definition of "apply" means that it's just been stuck in a post box. It probably means that IRCC has physically and correctly received it, even if no work is done.
Will IRCC return my documents?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Will IRCC return my documents?
Not if they don't have them. If they were delivered to the wrong address, IRCC may forward them to the correct address but whether you are considered to have "applied" on first, incorrect, delivery is questionable.

BT919

Mar 27, 2018
Not if they don't have them. If they were delivered to the wrong address, IRCC may forward them to the correct address but whether you are considered to have "applied" on first, incorrect, delivery is questionable.

BT919

Mar 27, 2018
So, i will apply for restoration? Can I apply for a work permit at the same time?