+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension - PNP

sherrysyed

Jan 20, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have a really urgent question. My work permit is getting expired in the next 3 months, so i have to apply for an extension of work permit. I got my PNP certificate which is about to expire this month. I have already applied for my PR but didnt receive anything from them. Also, i asked CIC about support letter to apply for my extension they are saying that you dont need support letter for extension, you can just use your initial letter and PNP certificate copy along with a proof that u have applied for PR such as payment receipt. While i am applying online for extension its asking for AOR?. When i am applying through paper based application through IMM 5710 form, its asking me support letter that should say you are eligible to apply for work permit extension and also if your PNP is expired , acknowledgement of PR. I have contacted CIC several times and they emailed me the same thing that you can apply even without support letter. Is it okay if i do so?. Please i need some urgent help in this regard. Thanks. Also, roughly how much time would it take to receive an extension?. I have few friends who applied for extension its been 6 months and they are still waiting. :(. Please help me.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
You can try taking all the documentation that you can gather to the border (its called flag-poling) they have CIC agents there that can issue WP's. That way you don't have to deal with trying to figure out their on-line forms.

Feb 14, 2015
Hi same issues here. We received the refuse letter last Friday. On pnp office didn't give us a support letter. They keep saying that we don't need that. Now we try to use old certificate and approval letter to restore the work permit. We now have 90 days to apply work permit restoration .

Ypsie

Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mortgageVerico said:
Hi same issues here. We received the refuse letter last Friday. On pnp office didn't give us a support letter. They keep saying that we don't need that. Now we try to use old certificate and approval letter to restore the work permit. We now have 90 days to apply work permit restoration .
interesting my pnp told me to get a new letter from my employer that he is still willing to sponsor me and a receipt or anything else from the pr application and send it to them and they will give me a new support letter to go to the border with... so i will do that i guess, but i really don't want to work for them no more, so i don't know what to do... maybe pnp will tell the cic i'm not under the pnp no more and it will take longer? i'm really concerned and don't know what to apply for because i have restrictions and can't apply for a briding open wp

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sherrysyed said:
Hello Guys,

I have a really urgent question. My work permit is getting expired in the next 3 months, so i have to apply for an extension of work permit. I got my PNP certificate which is about to expire this month. I have already applied for my PR but didnt receive anything from them. Also, i asked CIC about support letter to apply for my extension they are saying that you dont need support letter for extension, you can just use your initial letter and PNP certificate copy along with a proof that u have applied for PR such as payment receipt. While i am applying online for extension its asking for AOR?. When i am applying through paper based application through IMM 5710 form, its asking me support letter that should say you are eligible to apply for work permit extension and also if your PNP is expired , acknowledgement of PR. I have contacted CIC several times and they emailed me the same thing that you can apply even without support letter. Is it okay if i do so?. Please i need some urgent help in this regard. Thanks. Also, roughly how much time would it take to receive an extension?. I have few friends who applied for extension its been 6 months and they are still waiting. :(. Please help me.
Six months waiting for extension :eek:

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015 (Received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 (XEP) 15-05-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Just got my open extension on Sunday with nomination and no AOR. Please don't spread rumors and gossips without validation.

wang tzu said:
I just heard about PNP not gonna give BOWP anymore.
Only can extension through closed permit.
I dont know reason. But when i see many case of this problems, it's almost true.
Even they have a AOR.

wang tzu

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28,14
AOR Received.
Apr 01,15
Med's Request
Apr 06,15
Med's Done....
Apr 18,15
Passport Req..
Sep 21,15
LANDED..........
Oct 01,15
fistillarte said:
Just got my open extension on Sunday with nomination and no AOR. Please don't spread rumors and gossips without validation.
Im so Sorry, just heard other forum
Can i ask one thing ?
wihch province did you apply and is it online apply?

Mikmik

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Hi may we know how long did it take for you to received your new work permit and what are the documents you included in your work permit application? Is it paper or online application?

Ypsie

Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fistillarte said:
what did you need to show at the border? just the old letter from pnp and a pr application reciept?

xyz1988

May 29, 2015
sherrysyed said:
Hello Guys,

hey so did you get your work permit extended can you tell me which application form i have to fill out for bridging open work permit... As i hav got the AOR and my work permit expires in next 3 mnths

Feb 27, 2015
fistillarte said:
Hello,
im trying to extended my work permit based on nomination only,i have no PR file no. yet as i just applied for PR last week.
Can you tell me did you do online or paper based application, and what documents you included ? because when i try to apply online its asking for IMM5802 form and employer fee receipt that needs to be done by employer eventhough i have nomination.
If you can please help me out, I dont have much time

thank you

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
AINPmySAVIOUR :( said:
Hello,
im trying to extended my work permit based on nomination only,i have no PR file no. yet as i just applied for PR last week.
Can you tell me did you do online or paper based application, and what documents you included ? because when i try to apply online its asking for IMM5802 form and employer fee receipt that needs to be done by employer eventhough i have nomination.
If you can please help me out, I dont have much time

thank you
Even with nomination your employer still has to fill out that form and pay a fee. The reason is that with just the nomination you will only be able to get a closed WP specific to your current employer and all closed WP need to have the form filled out and fee paid by the employer.

Jul 3, 2017
I applied for nomination but I have not received yet my work permit extension is about to expire within in month .i am in closed work permit.i n that what I have to do .please suggest me in so much helpless .i applied for pnp with employer support.please guys help me

Dmountain

Jun 7, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am just wondering how things go with you about the work permit extenstion