+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension for PR Applicants

joycece

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for PR and is waiting for an answer from cio.

My work permit is expiring in August and I sent in the application for extension in early June. Still didn't hear anything from them. I know they are on strike and we are expecting longer process time.

I am sure they receive the package because FedEx said it is delivered. My question is, if I do not get any answer from them after the current work permit is expired, do I qualify for implied status even they have not updated my application status to “application received” ?

Should I make a road trip to the port of entry - Peace Arch in Vancouver to extend my work permit in July? I just don’t want to stay in Canada illegally without knowing it as it will have a bad impact on my PR application. I am from a country that require entry visa.

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Need some info, What kind of PR stream are you applying under?Also what is the status of that application?
Also what kind of work permit application did you apply for? is it open work permit or closed permit and you have an LMO with the application?

PS. They are still working on work permits applications received on May 13. (From CIC processing times website)

joycece

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR under BCPNP stream. the status for PR application is "Application received".

I applied for open work permit without LMO as informed by BCPNP that I do not need LMO for work permit extension if I have the PNP Letter of Approval and if I have applied for PR.

Would like to know your opinion