+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expired. Should I apply for restoration?

ahsan_cse2004

Sep 19, 2021
I have decided to go ahead with the restoration application as suggested by @Naturgrl .
I have some questions though regarding the imm5708e form fields
1. It asks me "Name, address, and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit". What should I specify since I am already in Canada and don't know any people here
2. In the background information it asks me "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit?" Should I mark YES and explain the situation that my WP extension was refused because of job/LMIA loss
3. In the background information it asks me "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" Should I mark YES because I am already in Canada on my expired work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have decided to go ahead with the restoration application as suggested by @Naturgrl .
I have some questions though regarding the imm5708e form fields
1. It asks me "Name, address, and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit". What should I specify since I am already in Canada and don't know any people here
2. In the background information it asks me "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit?" Should I mark YES and explain the situation that my WP extension was refused because of job/LMIA loss
3. In the background information it asks me "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" Should I mark YES because I am already in Canada on my expired work permit?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html

Here is how to fill it out. Don’t you have your family in Canada?

ahsan_cse2004

Sep 19, 2021
Thank you very much. I have my family who are also on implied status because their WP extension is still in progress as I mentioned earlier. Not sure if I should mention my spouse's name and current address where we live together.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much. I have my family who are also on implied status because their WP extension is still in progress as I mentioned earlier. Not sure if I should mention my spouse's name and current address where we live together.
You mention spouse’s name and address.