+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit applied under 2 weeks processing timeline

Shruthibhat

May 29, 2018
Hi guys,
Our work permits ( my husband's work permit, my spousal open work permit and my kid's study permit) all 3 filed together on April 28th 2018. On may 4th we got medical request. 12th may medical results uploaded. 14th may we got medical pass status. It's been almost 3 weeks now and no update as of yet. After medical there are different statuses like background checks in progress or not required etc and we wonder if after medical if anything has been done ever!!! Or if the lawyers r not sharing status change updates and will intimate us only when PPR triggers. Any of you with similar experiences please share ! Really worried and going mad wid each passing day.!

congraservices

May 25, 2018
Hi there, you can check application processing times at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/ I am assuming you applied for a work permit extension inside Canada (with accompanying dependent applications) and right now the processing time is 46 days for online submissions. IRCC is currently working on applications received on April 2, 2018. If this is the case, then your application processing has not begun yet. After the medical, there are usually no changes. The background check and eligibility usually change at the same time as a decision is made on the applications - towards the end of the processing time and all change at the same time. Your medial request was sent at the basic application completeness check stage because people who lived in certain countries in the past 5 years have to have a medical exam. It does not mean that application processing has begun or that medical results were reviewed.

Shruthibhat

May 29, 2018
Hi, thanks so much for the response, but sorry this is not for work permit extension. This is for the fresh work permit applied through my husband's employer in India. We are currently living in India and applied for WP with the invitation of a Canadian employer who are clients of my husband's current company...
They have applied under 2 weeks processing timelines with LmIA required/not required guidelines . Almost 5 weeks has been passed as of now. Can you throw some light on this too please? Awaiting your response or any other experiences !

Shruthibhat

May 29, 2018
By the way our applications were also submitted online through immigration lawyers living in Toronto and they are handling our case. Wud be great to know which date applications are being processed right now to know where we stand, if u cud help us wid that it wud be nice :)

Shruthibhat

May 29, 2018
Yes I do know they r immigration agensa. Could gather from theor website. But doesn't hurt to approada, never know who will be of what help!!

And yes immigration lawyers are the ones who have applied on our behalf through my husband's company. Whenever we ask for updates , they say no updates yet. Does that mean absolutely no change in status, or even if there's a change they r not letting us know cos they have not received any actionable item from us?! And it's quite hard to believe when u have applied for 2 weeks processing, it takes more than 5 weeks and status hasn't moved past medical passed! If any of you have any ecperexperi or timelines plz do share!!!

And we have sent a follow up-mail with lawyers , just praying they let us know some progress!

Mm1362

Jul 7, 2018
Hi

i also applied for 2 weeks processing and after 6 weeks no updates. how long did it take for you to get ur visa?

congraservices

May 25, 2018
@congraservices : can you please respond to my query above? M looking forward for yr help
Go to the link I provided, then choose visiting, studing, working temporarily; choose work permit for type of application; then choose country India. Your processing time is 12 weeks right now. Count 12 weeks from your date of submission and that is approximately when you will get an answer. Best regards.

Reactions: scylla

Hifi23428

Aug 6, 2018
@shruthibhat
Hi, i think I’ve the same situation. I got a job from a Canadian employer. The external lawyer from Toronto has filed me and my wife’s TRV and WP application on 25 th of June. The lawyer has filed our case in GSS category.
But it’s been 6weeks now and there’s been no news of what is the status of my WP.

did you guys get any updates?