+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
nmy9420 said:
Hi,jas_dhillon90, do you have any news?
Got nothing. I am looking up for an approval for Veer. I believe we have the same case. The thing is he has been waiting for almost 4 months and I do not have 4 months. I hope he gets the approval within this week to pull my hopes up.

Forums.173

Nov 26, 2013
I have received my Passport back today.
Thank You from bottom of my heart to moderator and group, it has been great help during waiting for approvals.

All the very best to all. Let me know if you guys have any queries.

jitbug

Jan 14, 2014
Hey All,

Just received my passport with the stamp, and the approval letter. For your reference, here is the timeline:

Applied online: October 14, 2013 (postdoc position, LMO exempt)
Request for ducument: February 5, 2014 (requested a copy of my diploma, which I didn't have when I applied).
Request for passport: February 07, 2014
Passport sent: February 10, 2014 (USPS Express)
Passport received at consulate: February 11. 2014, noon.
Passport sent back from consulate: February 19, 2014, noon.
Passport received: February 20, 2014

Good luck, everyone.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Congrats Forums.173 and jitbug..

@ Shku_2704, did you receive your passport ?

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
ict1canada said:
Congrats Forums.173 and jitbug..

@ Shku_2704, did you receive your passport ?
Yes ICT1, just received few hrs back . As per USPS they posted yesterday . I had sent passport that was delivered on 5th feb and as per stamp they had completed stamping on 10th feb only. so 9 days just for posting. It seems due to dumb bad luck ,i just went into one of the batches that were sent out yesterday only.

For others timeline and some details
a) ICT online applied on 22nd Aug
b) received approval, PPR on 14th jan (one week shy of 5 months) - almost no processing during holiday season nov 20th to dec end.
c) Sent passport and delivered on 5th feb
d) received with stamp 20th feb. (15 days approx)

Also, just for information sake , i had to go back to my home country on 5th Jan as my time in US was up. came back on 3rd feb on b visa since my immigration department/attorney said that it is difficult to get application transferred for stamping to my home country. I would have to reapply.
Luckily had b visa so was able to come back and submit the passport.
So people please explore alternate arrangements well in advance if you would fall in same boat as mine.

It was really long and frustrating wait. Thanks for the forum members for sharing info and support/encouragement during this period.

Best of luck to other people who are waiting for approval/passport return. Hang in there.

thanks

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
None - File updated 11/30/2013
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
itz_nsn said:
hello everyone,

i received the email for passport today ;D

applied : Nov 27, 2013
with LMO to New York
passport request: Feb 13, 2014

for people who are waiting - make sure that your passport expiry date is good for the duration you are applying - in the mail, they told me

Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

i only looked at my passport after i got the message - but to my relief - it is expiring in 2016 :)

good luck to everyone and thank you to all members - this forum has been very informative
Can you please share other details like NOC category etc. I'm sure that except itz_nsn's application with LMO is outstanding result of NYC processing times. Other approved cases, I did find that they were either Non LMO/post docs OR ICT.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
@ Shku_2704,
Wow.... :D Sleep well tonight. Finally you got it. I am happy for you.
Waiting for our passports ...
All the best to others waiting..

nmy9420

Jan 5, 2014
Hi , All I received a passport requir, but didn't say approve or not, and any one can confirm the address?
is that :
EAPP
Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10020

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
nmy9420 said:
Hi , All I received a passport requir, but didn't say approve or not, and any one can confirm the address?
is that :
EAPP
Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10020

COngrats nmy9420. Can you please share details? Date of your application, LMO/Without LMO? Online/paper based? NOC code? We will appreciate your response. Thanks!

saleemjosh

Star Member
May 5, 2009
For the members of this forum.
I applied on 11 Nov 13
got passport request 12 Feb 14
Sent passport same day and received by NY embassy on 13th Feb 14
Passport received with visa on 21 Feb 14 (today).
Non-LMO application.

My wife applied on 11 Nov 2013
got passport request 20th Feb 14
Sent passport 20 Feb.
Waiting for her passport return next week.
Non-LMO application.

Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their application approvals. Hope my time line helps you guys.

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
nmy9420 said:
Hi anyone get PP requist, do your letter mention about tempary residance? or do it exactly show" approve"?
If it has asked you for passport and the letter mentions that in reference to <permanent or temporary residence that you have applied> , a decision has been made and require passport to finalize the processing of your application.

That means it is approved. else they would not have asked for passport at all. Now based on passport details (expiry etc) they will finalize the application. so as in my case it was temporary work permit and got the visa for 2 years.

Thanks

nmy9420

Jan 5, 2014
Hi Shku, thanks a lot for information, I would like to share my information for people in this forum,
Application type: work permit withou LMO
Application filed time: Jan, 08,2014, online.
PP requist: Feb,21,2014. Morning
PP send: the same day, afternoon, New york Consulate.

Thanks, I will keep update, if I get my PP back.

nmy9420

Jan 5, 2014
Hi just in case anyone know, I send my passport on Friday, However, the weekend it doesn't deliver because the consulate close in weekend, So anyone know USPS will rede liver it? Or do I have to make a call?