+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application Singapore

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hello everyone! I would like to ask if anyone has ever applied their work permit from Singapore. May I know your timeline and how long was the review of Eligibility?

I would like to share more context on my application. This is a lengthy post, however, I hope that this will help anyone who has uncertainty or is waiting for any updates of their Work Permit application.

I am a Filipino citizen and a residing in Singapore under SPass. Hence, I lodge my application in Singapore. And everything else, was done in SG such as biometrics and medical with Police Clearance Certificate from Singapore and Philippines.

I applied for Work Permit under SINP Employment Offer Stream (LMIA Exempt TEER 2) with SINP Work Permit Support Letter. Below is the timeline of my application so far.

GCKey and Application Status Tracker Updates

10 March 2023 - Application Submitted
10 March 2023 - Submission Confirmation
10 March 2023 - Background Check Started
17 March 2023 - 1st Webform Raised. IRCC SG acknowledged receipt of 1st webform

Upon researching what I did wrong, I finally realised that I made a mistake of not paying WP Processing Fee and Biometrics.
Upon researching further, I also read through a thread that upfront medical is possible before or after application has been submitted. I scheduled for medicals right away.
10 DAYS WAS LITERALLY WASTED.

20 March 2023
- Request Letter. ADR for (WP Processing Fee and Biometrics Fee payment receipt). 1st Webform Reply from IRCC SG
20 March 2023 - Payment Receipt submitted via GCKey
21 March 2023 - Biometrics Instruction Letter. ADR received and says, 'We are reviewing the additional Documents you provided'.
23 March 2023 - Biometrics taken and Updated and COMPLETED in GCKey but not in tracker
23 March 2023 - Medicals done without medical request. I requested for medical results to be sent to me.

1 April 2023 - Upfront Medicals sent to IRCC by the clinic
1 April 2023 - 2nd Webform Raised. I sent my medical results to IRCC SG through webform.
3 April 2023 - IRCC SG acknowledged receipt of 2nd webform. However, no reply.
5 April 2023 - Medicals Updated and COMPLETED in GCKey and Tracker
11 April 2023 - 3rd Webform Raised. Asking why my biometrics is not yet updated in Tracker. IRCC SG acknowledged receipt of 3rd webform. However, no reply.
13 April 2023 - Ghost update that Review of Eligibility has started in GCKey and Tracker.
14 April - 20 April 2023 - Biometrics Completed in Tracker. Ghost Update.
29 April 2023 - 4th Webform Raised. Asking why I have not received my 'Completion of Online Application Transmission', why Review of Additional Documents (ADR) in GCKEY still says 'We are reviewing the additional Documents you provided' (until now 27 May 2023) and asking when do I receive the Biometrics Validity Letter (BVL). IRCC SG acknowledged receipt of 4th webform.
4 May 2023 - Reply from IRCC SG from the 4th webform I submitted. 'BVL will be issued only at the time when finalising your application.'
24 May 2023 - 5th Webform Raised. Asking updates for my application as it has been 11 weeks passed my application date and background check and 6.5 weeks passed since review of eligibility. While biometrics and medical has been completed. IRCC SG acknowledged receipt of 5th webform. No reply as of today, 26 May 2023.

A summary of how long has I been waiting.
11 weeks since Application Submitted and Background Check Started
9.5 weeks
since Biometrics Completed
7.5 weeks
since Medical Completed
6.5 weeks
since Review of Eligibility Started

I knew someone from Singapore who has the same stream and also from Philippines. The only difference is she engaged with an agency to process her application which cost her SGD 10,000 and more. She is in Canada now. Which I am hoping the timeline would be the same for me as well. If yes, my PPR should be coming anytime now til 13 June, or on May 29 or 5 June. If I have not received BVL/Correspondence Letter or PPR yet until 13 June, I will raise my 6th webform. That is 2.5 weeks from now and it is sooo painful to wait.

My acquaintance's application summary is as below.
21 December 2022 - Application Submitted
24 December 2022 - Biometrics Request
26 December 2022 - Biometrics done
6 January 2023 - Upfront medical without medical request
19 January 2023 - Medical Results forwarded to IRCC by clinic
18 March - PPR
I am not sure when did her Review of Eligibility started.

I am aware that Singapore's processing time for TRV is 25 weeks now. However, I am hoping that decision will be made soon since eligibility and BC has been going on for quite sometime now. I am just wondering whether I did something wrong in my application or I'm missing something.

I would acknowledge any inputs, knowledge or opinions you might have on my application and on when can I expect PPR because honestly, I'm feeling very anxious in waiting every single day. And I can't stop checking my emails. Also, I would like to know, what time do they usually send PPR's? Locally and Canada Time. Moreover, How long more will I wait til Review of Eligibility and BC is completed in the tracker?

Thank you very much for your patience in reading and I hope everyone will finally attain their goal in going to Canada with their loved ones or to reunite with their loved ones.

Immi_Buddha

Jul 3, 2023
Hey I received SINP Work Permit Support Letter under SINP Employment Offer category. I want to apply for a temporary work permit but I am in quandary so will through couple of questions. Hopefully you will be able to guide:

1. My WP letter refers to IRCC 204c which states that I don't need an LMIA so my question is in Imm1295 what should I enter in "Details of Intended Work in Canada", open work permit? Letter says that I have restrictions on employment.

2. What did you enter in the LMIA exempt no?

Appreciate your help.