+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit application rejected---need urgent advice

DRobert

Oct 15, 2013
"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.

Section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that all questions put to an applicant must be answered truthfully, and all relevant evidence that an officer requests and reasonable requires must be provided. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for a valid Passport/Travel Document, which is required to correctly evaluate your eligibility for a work permit.

As a result, your application as requested is refused.

Sincerely,

Officer MW/QRC
Case Processing Centre Vegreville."

She told me that she answered truthfully all questions and provided a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably required. This included Passport/Travel Documentation.

Now then. What shall I do? She is japanese and currently living Japan. I will be leaving to go back to Canada in 15 days.

My questions:
- If she did everything as required, why would they deny her?
- Who can I contact to rectify this problem?
- How do I contact the case processing centre in order to appeal her case (or find out specifically why they denied her application)
- How would she now need to reapply if it is required of her?
- Anything else I should know that can help my situation?

DRobert

Oct 15, 2013
Re: Fiance's work permit application rejected---need urgent advice

I came here to get help. Will no one be helping me?

sidejacker

Sep 11, 2013

DRobert said:
"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.

Section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that all questions put to an applicant must be answered truthfully, and all relevant evidence that an officer requests and reasonable requires must be provided. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for a valid Passport/Travel Document, which is required to correctly evaluate your eligibility for a work permit.
Hi there. If you read the reason for refusal, it says the applicant didn't submit a copy of her passport. Please let me know how the application was submitted. I'm presuming it was an online application. This happened to me before when I submitted an online application because their was a technical issue with the website. Just submit a reapplication and make door everything is submitted correctly.

As a result, your application as requested is refused.

Sincerely,

Officer MW/QRC
Case Processing Centre Vegreville."

She told me that she answered truthfully all questions and provided a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably required. This included Passport/Travel Documentation.

Now then. What shall I do? She is japanese and currently living Japan. I will be leaving to go back to Canada in 15 days.

My questions:
- If she did everything as required, why would they deny her?
- Who can I contact to rectify this problem?
- How do I contact the case processing centre in order to appeal her case (or find out specifically why they denied her application)
- How would she now need to reapply if it is required of her?
- Anything else I should know that can help my situation?

DRobert

Oct 15, 2013

Quoting me with no reply in your own words isn't helping me.
Go read my comments in my post as well.

sidejacker

Sep 11, 2013

DRobert said:
I didn't realized my response didn't appear. In any case, it's best to get an immigration lawyer to best assist you with your problem.

Here's my two cents. I presumed you have submitted an online application and forgot to attached your fiance's passport information. That's the reason for refusal. I was in the same situation when I did my online application in Canada. I reapplied stating that their has been some technical issues in uploading my docs.

PS. Kindly ask your fiance if she's sure she wants to marry you. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

DRobert said:
Some words of advice... Everyone here helps others for free. If you want people to assist, try being a bit more patient and a bit nicer. Sometimes it takes a while (several hours / a couple of days) for the right person to see your post and reply. We all have lives / jobs outside of this forum. If having an immediate response is important to you, then it's time to hire a lawyer.

My comments: The reason why your fiance was refused is very clear (whether or not this reason is valid is another matter). As clearly stated in the letter, she was asked to provide her passport / travel document and failed to do so. Are you certain that she followed all of the directions? Did she submit her actual passport to the visa office? Or did she just submit a copy of her passport as part of the application process? The way the refusal letter is worded makes it seem that after the initial application, the visa office contacted her (either by email or letter) to request more information and she didn't respond to this request (hence the refusal). Did she receive any letters she ignored? Has she checked her spam box to make sure she didn't miss an important email? As an aside, I assume you are common law (have lived together for at least 1 full year)?

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
I have read other threads where documents were apparently requested from applicants and they did not receive the requests, these applications were then refused by CIC giving the same reason. That documents were requested and not supplied by the applicant.
Once the application is refused there is nothing you can do except submit a new application and indicate the reason.

DRobert

Oct 15, 2013
Okay. I see what happened now. This is the situation.

Her application was first accepted and she received a letter informing her about this. Then a few days later she received another letter(The one I listed) rejecting her application. Then she received a third letter contradicting this saying that her application is accepted.

We need to contact the government to find out if it is accepted or not, so then, who do we contact?
First off, the office she sent it to is Case Processing Centre: Vegreville, Alberta. That is the one who I need to contact. One problem. It won't allow me to call it from outside of the country. It appears my only option at this point is to send a short letter asking why her letter was accepted, then rejected, then accepted---and to ask so what is it: Rejected or accepted? And if rejected, then why was it rejected. She provided the documents (Passport/Travel Documents). I saw her application myself and from what I can see there is nothing wrong with it.

I need help to be pointed in the right direction and any phone numbers I can contact. OR advice in general.