+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit and Temporary Resident Visa

poddar007

Jul 18, 2007
Hi,

I have a job offer from a canadian employer. I am going to file for a canadian work permit. My question is do I need a Temporary resident visa as well as a work permit to work in Canada.

I am an Indian citizen

thanks
poddar

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

poddar007 said:
Hi,

I have a job offer from a canadian employer. I am going to file for a canadian work permit. My question is do I need a Temporary resident visa as well as a work permit to work in Canada.

I am an Indian citizen

thanks
poddar
Yes.

PMM

lmderama

Dec 6, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 26, 2014
AOR Received.
July 23, 2014
Med's Request
July 23, 2014
Med's Done....
August 14, 2014
Hi! i've received the approved LMO from my employer. He told me i need to apply for a Work Permit as well as Temporary Resident Permit.. Does it mean that i need to submit the 2 applciations? (Application for a Work Permit Made Outside Canada & Application for Temporary resident Visa Made Outside Canada)

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
hi poddar,

would you like to share your experience with the process of getting the work permit and the temporary resident visa?

bella25

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
SOON!
I am a Canadian citizen and my bf is in canada on work permit. He is an indian citizen. His work permit is ending in aug 2012. How can we extend his work permit statues?

RDX1972

Apr 14, 2012
Yes. you have to apply for both. I am in the process of doing it as advised by my Canadian consultant.

trappy

Feb 24, 2012
Hi,
I think you are right.u have to apply for temporary resident visa as well with the work permit as far as urself,spouse and children are over the age of 18 or 22.
The reason why i am saying this is that,i have just applied in LONDON for my work permit and temporary resident outside canada because i got my LMO for Licensed Practical Nurse in Manitoba.
Please,do you know if i can use the same LMO to apply for FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER VISA(permanent resident)???

Hope to hear from u soon.Thanks.

Abi