+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work letters Original or Copies

Ereinion

Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a little doubt about the work letters. Do I have to send the original letters, or copies of this letters? They say the following in the section Work Experience of the Check list :

For you and your spouse or common-law partner: original and up-to-date letters
of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on
company letterhead and show the company’s full address, telephone and fax
numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.
Note: If the letters are not in English or French, submit a certified English or
French translation along with certified photocopies of the letters.
So I understand I have to send only copies and translations. Will They really accept the copies in this section?

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
Hi

I was also in doubt about this one, but I submitted original reference letters since its says "original and up-to-date letters
of reference from your past and current employers
". A friend from this forum advises me to send a request to return back all those original reference letters after CHC verification stage is done. Maybe I misunderstood this part, I should have submitted a notarized copies instead. Lets hear from what others would say...

Pocoyo

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
I received a ref letter in my e-mail. So I had to send just a print-out of that.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
they want original.
If your employer cant provide you original, explain to CHC why you couldnt provide them, and request them to verify its genuinness.

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
For you and your spouse or common-law partner: original and up-to-date letters
of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on
company letterhead and show the company's full address, telephone and fax
numbers, and be stamped with the company's official seal.
Note: If the letters are not in English or French, submit a certified English or
French translation along with certified photocopies of the letters.

According to the pasted information that you provided above,the information required is ORIGINAL and up-to-date letters of reference.You need to do just that.Provide original reference letter(s). In case of unavailability,provide a written explanation.

Ereinion

Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks for your answers. I don't live in an english speaking country so my letters are in another language. What it makes confusion is they write a note saying "Note: If the letters are not in English or French, submit a certified English or French translation along with certified photocopies of the letters."

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ereinion said:
Hi,

I have a little doubt about the work letters. Do I have to send the original letters, or copies of this letters? They say the following in the section Work Experience of the Check list :

So I understand I have to send only copies and translations. Will They really accept the copies in this section?

In my case I submitted the currant experience letter original letter head with signs and company seal on it, other all previous experience letters & references notarized copied were sent. (as I can't ask them previous employer to issue me new one, and I need them for future). With current employer I can ask them to issue an other when I will leave the job.
So if CHC will not return the original there will be no problem.

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
Ouch. Well, my ex employer denied giving a hard copy and insisted on a 'scanned' copy only, so I have sent the printout of the scanned copy.

It has the signature of the HR and company's phone numbers for verification if required.

I hope this wont be a hindrance in my case.