+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work in canada

Moe2306

Sep 14, 2019
Hello ,
i have a question please if you can help.
my husband just submitted a sponsorship application ( spouse) inland .
we didn't include a work permit application since we were told that he has no right to get it since he is out of status.
he was refused as refugee before, he has no deporatation order or removal order
my question if he find a job and work temporary till he gets his PR , would he face any problem?
and if yes what would be the case please .
Thank you in advance for your help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello ,
i have a question please if you can help.
my husband just submitted a sponsorship application ( spouse) inland .
we didn't include a work permit application since we were told that he has no right to get it since he is out of status.
he was refused as refugee before, he has no deporatation order or removal order
my question if he find a job and work temporary till he gets his PR , would he face any problem?
and if yes what would be the case please .
Thank you in advance for your help
Why do you say he has no removal order? Anyone who applies as a refugee in Canada is automatically issued a conditional Departure Order, which comes into effect when a claim is refused.

No, he can't work.

Moe2306

Sep 14, 2019
just to understand from you properly please,
we never received any removal order or any other document to leave the country,
lawyer said since we submitted the inland application now he will be kind( of safe ) till he receives his PR.
I would like your advice please since i have no information at all and what do you think if he caught working what would be the situation .
thank you for the help ,

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
just to understand from you properly please,
we never received any removal order or any other document to leave the country,
lawyer said since we submitted the inland application now he will be kind( of safe ) till he receives his PR.
I would like your advice please since i have no information at all and what do you think if he caught working what would be the situation .
thank you for the help ,
All refugees are issued a departure order as soon as they are processed. Then, if they are accepted as refugees, the departure order is void/cancelled. However, your husband's refugee claim was denied. This means that by law, he had 15 days to leave the country. Since he didn't leave, the departure order would have become a deportation order.

Now, if you are a Canadian citizen/PR and you have sponsored him, it is possible to get a PR for him even with the deportation order. However, if he works illegally again, and is caught, you can expect your application to be denied and for him to have no chance at all to stay legally.

You should just wait till the outcome of the PR application. Otherwise you risk him getting a lifetime ban and have no way to stay in Canada.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk