+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History Verification - Citizenship Application

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
For citizenship application you have to mention work history for last 5 years period. That also includes my work history from back home. Would IRCC be verifying my back home job letters again for citizenship process?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
For citizenship application you have to mention work history for last 5 years period. That also includes my work history from back home. Would IRCC be verifying my back home job letters again for citizenship process?
Extremely unlikely. IRCC simply wants to know what you were doing during the last 5 years. That's all.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So its not part of citizenship process?

I could not find any info on IRCC web page
The reason why you could not find any information is because it is not a part of the process. Work history in Canada is useful for proving physical presence but beyond that, it doesn't matter.

A person (who might have won a lottery) could have been unemployed for 3 years and still apply for citizenship as long as s/he satisfies the rules of the program.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
The reason why you could not find any information is because it is not a part of the process. Work history in Canada is useful for proving physical presence but beyond that, it doesn't matter.

A person (who might have won a lottery) could have been unemployed for 3 years and still apply for citizenship as long as s/he satisfies the rules of the program.
You and lottery, ahahaha this is a love story.