+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience vs Personal history

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
1) Do we need to include all the jobs in work experience section ? I do not have proper certificates to show for my previous jobs and it is difficult to get it.
2) I will include all my work experience in the personal history section. So is it ok if the number of jobs under work experience and Personal history mismatches.

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rak89 said:
1) Do we need to include all the jobs in work experience section ? I do not have proper certificates to show for my previous jobs and it is difficult to get it.

No need. Declare only those for which you are claiming points.

2) I will include all my work experience in the personal history section. So is it ok if the number of jobs under work experience and Personal history mismatches.
That is fine.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
rak89 said:
1. If you have entered all work experience in EE profile, you have to make sure that removing any work experience doesn't impact your score. If it doesn't then you are free to move your WE to personal history. Write an LOE though.
2. I didn't understand this question. Work experience placeholder is only for employments where you are claiming points. Personal history is for whatever you were doing employed, unemployed etc. For the last 10 years or since you turned 18(whichever is recent).
If you are the primary applicant you cannot move your entire work experience in personal. If you are spouse of primary applicant and don't have work experience in Canada then you can move your entire work experience to personal

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
vishalg said:
1. If you have entered all work experience in EE profile, you have to make sure that removing any work experience doesn't impact your score. If it doesn't then you are free to move your WE to personal history. Write an LOE though.
2. I didn't understand this question. Work experience placeholder is only for employments where you are claiming points. Personal history is for whatever you were doing employed, unemployed etc. For the last 10 years or since you turned 18(whichever is recent).
If you are the primary applicant you cannot move your entire work experience in personal. If you are spouse of primary applicant and don't have work experience in Canada then you can move your entire work experience to personal
I am the primary applicant. Currently I am employed for the past 3.5 years and can get all certificates needed by CIC for this job.But before my Masters degree I was employed in 2 companies back in my country for which I do not want have perfect documentation needed by CIC. So I have not added my first 2 jobs in work experience section and planning to add it under Personal History. Let me know if this solves the issue.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
rak89 said:
I am the primary applicant. Currently I am employed for the past 3.5 years and can get all certificates needed by CIC for this job.But before my Masters degree I was employed in 2 companies back in my country for which I do not want have perfect documentation needed by CIC. So I have not added my first 2 jobs in work experience section and planning to add it under Personal History. Let me know if this solves the issue.
you can move those 2 jobs in personal history. Since your current employment is above 3 years, it will not impact your CRS. To be on the safer side, write an LOE

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
vishalg said:
you can move those 2 jobs in personal history. Since your current employment is above 3 years, it will not impact your CRS. To be on the safer side, write an LOE

Thanks a lot for the reply !!! I have not even added it in the work experience section even before getting the ITA. So I need to just add it in the personal history which I am going to do. Again thanks a lot for your help and valuable inputs !!!

IamaDreamernt@69

Mar 14, 2022
Hi Guys,
Can I get assistance here -
I have trade occupation code as Primary Noc in my EE profile. And have other experience in Non trade sector too.

Can I delete my non trade experience from the profile after ITA if still meets the Cutoff? Or would it impact in anyways in the application?

What should be mentioned in LOE as prime reason of removing the exp?
Leads would be highly appreciated.Thanks