+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience proof confusion

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
I have 7 years of experience in network side. Please see my summary:

Dec 2010 - March 2012 - 1st company. I have offer letter and Experience letter (Planning to put in personal history)

May 2012 -Feb 2013 - 2nd company. I have offer letter on their letter head, reference letter with job description in it, payslips and experience letter.(I was not a tax payee so i don't have any proof for that)

Sept 2013 - March 2015 - 3rd company
June 2015 - Jan 2017 - 3rd company : Here is the confusion. I have worked this company from 2013 to 2017 but took a gap of 3 months and joined back with a different offer and of course different designation and employee code and with different salary (but the NOC code same). The HR is flexible and they can give me the documents as i need.

sorry to put bold letters :)

As of my knowledge,there are two options:

1. Get a reference letter which covers the entire 4 years and not mentioning about the 3 month gap.

But here, i am feeling guilty that i am manipulating things, and as of my knowledge, we need to provide the offer letter and the beginning and ending payslips, here i have difference in designation and employee ID, so CIC will find it fishy and may reject.

2. Be honest, create separate reference letters for 2013 - 2015 and 2015 - 2017. Here everything is fine but my doubt is like will this confuse CIC? because i as resigning and rejoining the same company after a two month gap.

Also please shred some light on what all documents i need to submit as experience proof.

Thanks in advance.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I have 7 years of experience in network side. Please see my summary:

Dec 2010 - March 2012 - 1st company. I have offer letter and Experience letter (Planning to put in personal history)

May 2012 -Feb 2013 - 2nd company. I have offer letter on their letter head, reference letter with job description in it, payslips and experience letter.(I was not a tax payee so i don't have any proof for that)

Sept 2013 - March 2015 - 3rd company
June 2015 - Jan 2017 - 3rd company : Here is the confusion. I have worked this company from 2013 to 2017 but took a gap of 3 months and joined back with a different offer and of course different designation and employee code and with different salary (but the NOC code same). The HR is flexible and they can give me the documents as i need.

sorry to put bold letters :)

As of my knowledge,there are two options:

1. Get a reference letter which covers the entire 4 years and not mentioning about the 3 month gap.

But here, i am feeling guilty that i am manipulating things, and as of my knowledge, we need to provide the offer letter and the beginning and ending payslips, here i have difference in designation and employee ID, so CIC will find it fishy and may reject.

2. Be honest, create separate reference letters for 2013 - 2015 and 2015 - 2017. Here everything is fine but my doubt is like will this confuse CIC? because i as resigning and rejoining the same company after a two month gap.

Also please shred some light on what all documents i need to submit as experience proof.

Thanks in advance.
i guess get a letter mentioning the two periods and explain it in the LOE, just like you did here. I mean that's what the LOE is for. and no you don't need to provide offer letter and beginning and ending payslips. I don't know why this is something people still insist on. Those are just needed if you CAN'T get a reference letter that contains all the information cic needs.

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
i guess get a letter mentioning the two periods and explain it in the LOE, just like you did here. I mean that's what the LOE is for. and no you don't need to provide offer letter and beginning and ending payslips. I don't know why this is something people still insist on. Those are just needed if you CAN'T get a reference letter that contains all the information cic needs.
Thank you so much. So in the nut shell, the reference letter alone will server the purpose, right?
To minimize the complexity, can i ask for two different letters rather than squeezing everything in one
Also my salary consists of some annual variable pay, should i split that in the reference letter or just put it as a whole?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thank you so much. So in the nut shell, the reference letter alone will server the purpose, right?
Also my salary consists of some annual variable pay, should i split that in the reference letter or just put it as a whole?
not sure about variable pay but your employer usually has to mention everything in there reference letter. they should know how to explain it properly. don't forget to elaborate in the LOE. and wait for seniors for a second opinion on this.
also make sure your reference letter covers this info:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

(no mention of tax and payslips so i REALLY don't know why this is something everyone keeps asking about)

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
not sure about variable pay but your employer usually has to mention everything in there reference letter. they should know how to explain it properly. don't forget to elaborate in the LOE. and wait for seniors for a second opinion on this.
also make sure your reference letter covers this info:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

(no mention of tax and payslips so i REALLY don't know why this is something everyone keeps asking about)
Sure i will ask my employer to cover all these thing. Also as you told, i will plan to get two separate letters in their letter head with all the information.

Seniors,

Hope i can work out like this.