+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience not related to degree from College

ngupta

May 6, 2017
Hi All,

I have a Integrated Masters degree in Applied Geology. I worked in an Oil & Gas company for almost 2 years before quitting and after that I have worked in 2 different startups for a combined experience of 1.5 yrs but in Operations segment (no use of my Geology degree).
Would I be able to count this experience If I apply for FSW under Express Entry and also if somebody could help me out or through a few pointers towards potential NOC codes?
Another query I have is how does the Immigration authorities cross verify the main duties from the designation. As none of my offer letters contains only designation not any list of main duties due to the dynamic nature of the role.

Please help.

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
There should not be any issue if your job is not related to your field of study.

One way to get your NOC is to write a letter to the government with your detailed job description and ask them for the relevant NOC
Noc@workingincanada.gc.ca

If the letter from your employer does not have your main duties then I am afraid the letter will most likely not be acceptable. The letter must contain a list of duties performed in the job. The job title alone does not tell them enough.

Reactions: ngupta