+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience letter

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
What you have to understand is that they don't look at job titles - they look at the NOC that you've chosen and the duties which are stated in your reference letter.

So either try to get a new reference letter OR ask a former colleague/manager to write a self-declaration of your duties and responsibilities and notarize this.

few of my ex colleagues that I m in touch with no longer work there, my plan was to explain it in LOE the kind of work I did in other countries , because I am currently working in Canada as a consultant as well and my employment letter here explains my job duties, how bad are my chances of being rejected ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Without duties? Changes of rejection are quite likely.

IMO even if they are not working there anymore ask a former colleague to write your duties (and ideally they still have proof that they worked there), this is better than your plan of providing a LOE.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
DelPiero07 - Many blue chip companies now only provide standard reference letters just showing period of employment & job title. HR policy forbids personal references.

In this case, do you know if job specs/ad, appraisal/performance reports, job offer letters would suffice "proof of employment details"?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sugar2016 said:
DelPiero07 - Many blue chip companies now only provide standard reference letters just showing period of employment & job title. HR policy forbids personal references.

In this case, do you know if job specs/ad, appraisal/performance reports, job offer letters would suffice "proof of employment details"?
It might work if you have a document which states your duties and responsibilities but I cannot guarantee this.

If you're going to take this chance then ideally get proof (e-mails) that you tried to get a proper reference letter from your HR department.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one of the companies I worked back home is IBM , for the entire duration I never knew who my HR was. I only get to call a toll free number and speak to a employee call centre if I have any questions on HR lines...

I apologize to doubt ur reply, but have you known, personally, cases that have been rejected on this basis ? I am only asking to count on my chances

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swathi.life said:
one of the companies I worked back home is IBM , for the entire duration I never knew who my HR was. I only get to call a toll free number and speak to a employee call centre if I have any questions on HR lines...

I apologize to doubt ur reply, but have you known, personally, cases that have been rejected on this basis ? I am only asking to count on my chances
Let me ask you this. Considering that people who even included duties were rejected due to NOC mismatch what do you think your chances will be when there are no duties whatsoever to match the NOC chosen?

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hi DelPiero07 and others,

For Canadian experience, I do not have reference letter but I have T4, NOA, payslips and LMO approval copy mentioning my NOC and hours/week.
Is this enough?

Also can we have gaps (for work or/and education) in EE profile in pre ITA phase and include all details after ITA in personal history ?
Post-ITA, no docs required for which points were not claimed, correct?

Please assist, creating profile in a day or two.

Thank you.

sappy486

Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
09-Mar-2017
Please help,

One of the job tittles of my spouse was "Report Writing Officer" for which the NOC that we have chosen is "5121 Authors and writers" . The NOC doesn't give a detailed description of the Job duties since writers have very specific duties.

The reference letter from the employer mentions the duties as "As a Full-time employee, ______ was mainly responsible for writing project reports and documentation of all project activities according to official protocols and technical requirements of report writing".

Do you think the duties mentioned are enough for the given NOC?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harish21jun said:
Hi DelPiero07 and others,

For Canadian experience, I do not have reference letter but I have T4, NOA, payslips and LMO approval copy mentioning my NOC and hours/week.
Is this enough?

Also can we have gaps (for work or/and education) in EE profile in pre ITA phase and include all details after ITA in personal history ?
Post-ITA, no docs required for which points were not claimed, correct?

Please assist, creating profile in a day or two.

Thank you.
Yes, you can include all details regarding gaps in the personal history section.

Regarding your other question please refer to my other posts in this thread.

sappy486

Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
09-Mar-2017
sappy486 said:
Please help,

One of the job tittles of my spouse was "Report Writing Officer" for which the NOC that we have chosen is "5121 Authors and writers" . The NOC doesn't give a detailed description of the Job duties since writers have very specific duties.

The reference letter from the employer mentions the duties as "As a Full-time employee, ______ was mainly responsible for writing project reports and documentation of all project activities according to official protocols and technical requirements of report writing".

Do you think the duties mentioned are enough for the given NOC?
any one please?

explorer84

Oct 21, 2017
Hello friends,

I have prepared the job duties for my Work experience letter and will submit to my boss later. I find the NOC code 0122 (Banking Manager) suitable as per my experience. I would request our expert members here to give it a glance and let me know if the job duties are fine as per the NOC code. Thanks!

Designation - Manager

Key job responsibilities include:

§ Analyzing corporate client loan applications and approval or rejection of the same to ensure they remain within agreed credit parameters and as per group level banking guidelines.

§ Evaluating, reviewing and making recommendations for various Business Credit applications and collateral term sheets of corporate & commercial banking clients.

§ Participating in policy reviews, administration of departmental procedures and contributing to the enhancement of Commodities Transaction Management Unit’s work systems.

§ Evaluating & executing the Commodities Transaction Management Unit’s policies and procedures to meet the group’s strategic objective.

§ Review the legal documentation for the loan by liaising with business team, client and internal legal to ensure it captures the correct requirements as per the loan structure to safeguard the bank’s interest.

§ Manage a significant portfolio of facilities protecting the Bank’s exposure to risk through the constant monitoring of credit facilities and valuation of collateral on a daily basis.

§ Administration and independent control of required collateral that arises out of transactional financing.

§ Preparation and distribution of collateral and financial reports to relevant stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis.

§ Be familiar with Risk Management framework and able to perceive the risks associated with process/transaction and address those promptly.