N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2017
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering how accurate the IRCC officer will be when it comes to calculating qualifying work experience/hours. I've had 3 different jobs (1 almost a full-time, and 2 part-time seasonal jobs) and by rough calculation, it's well over one year of full-time work (30 hours/week). But it's tough to calculate since pay period is different with every job, and there is no timesheet, just pay stubs showing work/pay period.

It'd be awesome if you guys can share what you did or would do to show that you've done 30 hours/week. Did you create an excel spreadsheet for the year? or did you simply just submitted the pay stubs?

Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
maxiboy0421 said:
It'd be awesome if you guys can share what you did or would do to show that you've done 30 hours/week. Did you create an excel spreadsheet for the year? or did you simply just submitted the pay stubs?
Do the spreadsheet, and submit that with your employment records. You want to make it easy for the VO to say yes. Show your work, don't just throw the paystubs at him/her (unless you want an annoyed VO reviewing your file). Not to mention, it will help you to know exactly where you stand.

One hint - get your Records of employment for these jobs - it will summarize your hours worked on one page. You can often download them from Service Canada (if your employer submitted them like they are required to do).
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/my-account.html

Keep in mind that your letters of reference from your employers will have to describe the number of hours you worked per week. If the hours were variable, the letter can give an average. "John worked approximately 20 hours per week, on average."

If you have only bi-weekly paystubs, then for calculations, part-time will be "fewer than 60 hours every two weeks".

maxiboy0421

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (PASSED)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2017
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
jes_ON said:
Do the spreadsheet, and submit that with your employment records. You want to make it easy for the VO to say yes. Show your work, don't just throw the paystubs at him/her (unless you want an annoyed VO reviewing your file). Not to mention, it will help you to know exactly where you stand.

One hint - get your Records of employment for these jobs - it will summarize your hours worked on one page. You can often download them from Service Canada (if your employer submitted them like they are required to do).
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/my-account.html

Keep in mind that your letters of reference from your employers will have to describe the number of hours you worked per week. If the hours were variable, the letter can give an average. "John worked approximately 20 hours per week, on average."

If you have only bi-weekly paystubs, then for calculations, part-time will be "fewer than 60 hours every two weeks".
Thanks a lot for the info!

a couple of questions:
1) Should I create an excel sheet for each positions? or do a combined one for all 3 positions?

2) I didn't know about Record of employment: Can i just submit employment letter from the employer, T4, NOA, Pay stub? Having a hard time logging into MyService website.

Thanks!

rockey92

Mar 9, 2017
Hello Guys,

I am working in the skill type B job. I am working part time 30hr per week. As per CIC guidelines, do I have to work 1 year or 2 year to consider as 1 year work experience. Some time I also work more than 30 hours. Also does paid Statutory holiday and paid vacation number of hours count or not?? I would really appreciate if somebody will clear my doubt.

Thanks in advance

CIC Guidelines

Full Time

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
OR
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rockey92 said:
I am working in the skill type B job. I am working part time 30hr per week. As per CIC guidelines, do I have to work 1 year or 2 year to consider as 1 year work experience. Some time I also work more than 30 hours.

??? 30 hours per week is full-time. Regardless of whether your employer calls it "part-time," if you work "30 or more" hours per week, it is full-time by IRCC's definition. If you are working full time, you do not bother with hours, just work for at least one year (52 weeks) and you meet the requirement.

Also does paid Statutory holiday and paid vacation number of hours count or not?? I would really appreciate if somebody will clear my doubt.

Yes.