+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience, help needed.

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
I am a Pharmacist and I applied under the old system. I have been practising pharmacy for the last four years but with different employers in two different countries switching between part time and full time. I know the requirement to claim points for job experience is one continuous year of employment in the same NOC. What confuses me is that does it have to be with the same employer? or as long as it is the same NOC it does not matter whether you change employers/companies.

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
Hello

jenny999 said:
I am a Pharmacist and I applied under the old system. I have been practising pharmacy for the last four years but with different employers in two different countries switching between part time and full time. I know the requirement to claim points for job experience is one continuous year of employment in the same NOC. What confuses me is that does it have to be with the same employer? or as long as it is the same NOC it does not matter whether you change employers/companies.
It is clear that it should be Full time or full-time equivalent within the same NOC. Meaning 37.5 hours per week of work for continuous 1 year or part time work that accumulates to 37.5 hr per week work translated into 1 year.

hth

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
I get that but does it have to be with the same employer? I mean you could be employes in the same NOC as in (Pharmacist) but changed employers.