+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK EXPERIENCE FOR CLAIMING POINTS

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
HI,

I have a concern need to be clarified

I worked as a professional in marketing/advertising since 2011 - NOC 1123.

I graduated in 2011 as well, but I didn't apply for graduation until 2012. So my degree states that year of graduation is 2012.

My question is if I can still claim experience in 2011, as I have full pay stubs, contracts, letter of employment for 2011 as a fulltime job. And on top of that, I have check NOC requirement, it only says "a degree might require, not a must"

Thanks

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
HI,

I graduated in 2011 as well, but I didn't apply for graduation until 2012. So my degree states that year of graduation is 2012.

My question is if I can still claim experience in 2011, as I have full pay stubs, contracts, letter of employment for 2011 as a fulltime job. And on top of that, I have check NOC requirement, it only says "a degree might require, not a must"

Thanks
Yes if it's foreign work experience. When they ask you "since when you are qualified to work in this position (NOC)" it's usually for medical, technical degrees. Your work experience should count.

Reactions: Tom0712

biquanbi96

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
HI,

Thanks
I think this was the time before they introduced the 3-month requirement to apply for a post graduate work permit after graduation regardless of what your study permit says, so that people would stop taking advantage of applying for a long program and change to a shorter one after being in Canada.

However, as long as you were working legally (which I believe you did) and the work was not part of your school program. You should be ok.

Reactions: Tom0712

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yes if it's foreign work experience. When they ask you "since when you are qualified to work in this position (NOC)" it's usually for medical, technical degrees. Your work experience should count.
Thanks! It is foreign experience, I will keep my fingers crossed

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
I think this was the time before they introduced the 3-month requirement to apply for a post graduate work permit after graduation regardless of what your study permit says, so that people would stop taking advantage of applying for a long program and change to a shorter one after being in Canada.

However, as long as you were working legally (which I believe you did) and the work was not part of your school program. You should be ok.
Sorry for not being clear, it is not Canadian experience, it is foreign experience. But I think I got the answer, thanks so much!