+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Duration

Mar 17, 2017
Hi helpies,

I need an advise. I have a total work experience of 2 years. 8 months in my 1st company, 1 year 1 month experience in 2nd and not working in my 3rd company from past 4 months. Is there any thing like, first job must be of minimum 1 year as a lot of people are telling this to me but it is not written anywhere on CIC website.

In fact, this is mention on the website.
  • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Please suggest me what to do...

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hi helpies,

I need an advise. I have a total work experience of 2 years. 8 months in my 1st company, 1 year 1 month experience in 2nd and not working in my 3rd company from past 4 months. Is there any thing like, first job must be of minimum 1 year as a lot of people are telling this to me but it is not written anywhere on CIC website.

In fact, this is mention on the website.
  • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Please suggest me what to do...
Check this out:

Your work experience must be:
  • in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC. This includes most of the main duties listed.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Your primary NOC doesn't have to be your 1st job. To be eligible for FSW (which you are), you will need 1 year fulltime continuous or 2 years part time in 1 NOC, which will be the primary NOC. In express entry, you can claim all the experience if you have all the required documents. Cheers!