+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Ex Certificate - Transferred from India to USA

itsanupam

Sep 9, 2017
Hi

I was working full time in Company A in India for 6 months before they transferred me to their US office on a long term assignment. I'm still working for the same company at their US office (been ~3 years now). To clarify I'm on their US payroll. To initiate this internal transfer, I was asked to resign from the India entity and was assigned to the US entity the next day onward. I was given a US offer letter as well

My question is while submitting my work ex documents in response to my ITA, should I submit relieving and work ex certificate separately for the India entity and then show my assignment to the US entity as my current employment? Or shall I show my employment as a continuous employment irrespective of India or US .

Thank you

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
You can show them separately or as a continuous employment.
The idea is, since 'both' roles are under same NOC (I am presuming!), all you need to show that you have worked for more than 3 years.
It could be in 3 different organizations or 1, does not matter.
It is probably a good idea to mention them as 2 separate engagement as this will match along with your personal (travel and address) history.

Reactions: itsanupam

itsanupam

Sep 9, 2017
You can show them separately or as a continuous employment.
The idea is, since 'both' roles are under same NOC (I am presuming!), all you need to show that you have worked for more than 3 years.
It could be in 3 different organizations or 1, does not matter.
It is probably a good idea to mention them as 2 separate engagement as this will match along with your personal (travel and address) history.
Thank you !