+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work eligibility

Riman

Jul 18, 2019
Hello, hope you are doing good I have a question regarding work eligibility that I am on Academic suspension and I am taking university preparatory course and my enrolment letter says that I am a full time student so can I work legally or not. I am enrolled in a college during this suspension and a full time student

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello, hope you are doing good I have a question regarding work eligibility that I am on Academic suspension and I am taking university preparatory course and my enrolment letter says that I am a full time student so can I work legally or not. I am enrolled in a college during this suspension and a full time student
Unfortunately you can not. You are deemed not full time enrolled during the suspension. While the letter mentions you are full time enrolled student but when circumstances changes, like unscheduled break then you are not but they dont issue another letter. When you resume FT status, then yes you can be eligible.

Riman

Jul 18, 2019
Yes am a full time student It’s written on my enrolment letter as well I have one course which is a full time course with 16 hours

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I would suggest you speak with student advisor if meaning of full time applies in your case. If it does, then you are eligible. I’ll go through some documents when im free to see how you fit in your situation, but dont be taken by what was written in the letter, but what is interpreted as full time enrolled students in immigration perspective. At the end i dont want you to fall afoul, that will affects other program. Hope you understand my point

Riman

Jul 18, 2019
I would suggest you speak with student advisor if meaning of full time applies in your case. If it does, then you are eligible. I’ll go through some documents when im free to see how you fit in your situation, but dont be taken by what was written in the letter, but what is interpreted as full time enrolled students in immigration perspective. At the end i dont want you to fall afoul, that will affects other program. Hope you understand my point
Hello Rimanjeet,

Thank you for your email. While UPRE is only one course, you are considered a full-time student as the course is approximately 16 hours per week.

For all concerns related to immigration, including working while on a study permit, please refer to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html. You can scroll down and review eligibility requirements, and how many hours you can work off campus during regular terms.

As we do not have a Regulated Immigration Consultant on staff, we regrettably cannot assist students with any immigration questions or concerns. Individuals who require additional help should seek the assistance of a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA) or immigration lawyer in good standing. To find a RCIC or RISIA in good standing, you may search the Public Register: https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/

Kind Regards,
Georgia Boylan
Student Services Officer
This is what they said to me.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello Rimanjeet,

Thank you for your email. While UPRE is only one course, you are considered a full-time student as the course is approximately 16 hours per week.

For all concerns related to immigration, including working while on a study permit, please refer to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html. You can scroll down and review eligibility requirements, and how many hours you can work off campus during regular terms.

As we do not have a Regulated Immigration Consultant on staff, we regrettably cannot assist students with any immigration questions or concerns. Individuals who require additional help should seek the assistance of a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA) or immigration lawyer in good standing. To find a RCIC or RISIA in good standing, you may search the Public Register: https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/

Kind Regards,
Georgia Boylan
Student Services Officer
This is what they said to me.
You can reach out to IRCC phone line to be sure.