17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Hi Everyone,

This is an amazing forum. And I am finding the answers to all my questions plus even more information to help me with my own application.

One thing I have discovered is, patience is key! People who have submitted ALL documents without the need for explanation letters and pieces missing, seem to have been processed very quickly! (Within 7 months)

Before discovering this forum, I myself was tempted to send my application to Nova Scotia without 1 or 2 documents (and just giving an explanation that I will send them later)......But I have now changed my mind and decided to be patient and wait until my documents arrive before submitting my application to the CIO.

I would much rather wait 2-4 weeks for a my police certificate or NOA to come in the mail, than risk the chance of my application being delayed for a month or 2 or maybe even rejected.

By all means, if you have no choice in your situation then that is a different case.

I just thought I would share this, after spending a few days reading through peoples experience all the way back from 2011 till now.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chia_88 said:
Hi Everyone,

This is an amazing forum. And I am finding the answers to all my questions plus even more information to help me with my own application.

One thing I have discovered is, patience is key! People who have submitted ALL documents without the need for explanation letters and pieces missing, seem to have been processed very quickly! (Within 7 months)

Before discovering this forum, I myself was tempted to send my application to Nova Scotia without 1 or 2 documents (and just giving an explanation that I will send them later)......But I have now changed my mind and decided to be patient and wait until my documents arrive before submitting my application to the CIO.

I would much rather wait 2-4 weeks for a my police certificate or NOA to come in the mail, than risk the chance of my application being delayed for a month or 2 or maybe even rejected.

By all means, if you have no choice in your situation then that is a different case.

I just thought I would share this, after spending a few days reading through peoples experience all the way back from 2011 till now.
A missing PCC or NOA will NOT delay your application as long as you are smart about it, and have already applied for the documents.

If you have already done so, providing these documents as soon as you have receive them, assuming you have received your AOR, will likely result in your application being processed in the same time as others.

Delays come in when you do not apply for these documents and CIC then need to request them from you... As long as you are being proactive about gathering these two documents, there is no reason why anyone shouldn't proceed to submit their application.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, based on the last 12 months, 7 months to process any application is pretty unlikely.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
chia_88 said:

Personally, I agree with you and think that's a smart decision. You're not likely to be rejected for missing those particular documents with your initial submission, but any time the VO has to request a document and wait for it, you're adding processing time...

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Actually, there are afew users on this forum who have gotten through within 7-8 months.
It maybe unlikely, but I remain hopefull!

Also, I have decided to take your advice after speaking with afew others too. I will be sending my application without the Notice of Assessment, and will include a note saying that I will send it as soon as it becomes available to me from Canada Revenue Agency.

Hopefully this will not hurt my chances of a quick processing time.

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Once I do recieve my Notice of Assessment, what is the processes to send it to CIC to be added to my application?

Am I only able to send it after I recieve an AOR??? Or is there some kind of application number issued? How does it work? How will they know what application to add my documents to?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
chia_88 said:
Once I do recieve my Notice of Assessment, what is the processes to send it to CIC to be added to my application?

Am I only able to send it after I recieve an AOR??? Or is there some kind of application number issued? How does it work? How will they know what application to add my documents to?
You get that information with the AOR, that's why it's best to wait for it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
chia_88 said:
Actually, there are afew users on this forum who have gotten through within 7-8 months.
Even if everyone submitted all the correct documents, processing times would still be variable because individual backgrounds are variable. For applications with extended processing times, it's usually the background/security check that holds things up.

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
"You get that information with the AOR, that's why it's best to wait for it."

But my biggest worry is that they do not give me an AOR because the Notice of Assessment is missing.

In the guidelines it states the below:

The application process

Submission

Completion check: Once you have submitted your application, we will check to determine that all required application forms have been properly completed and submitted, the application processing fee has been paid, and that all requested supporting documentation has been provided.

If your application package does not meet these requirements, we will return it to you. No file will be created or record kept until a complete application has been submitted.

Acknowledgment of receipt: If your application is complete, we will begin to process it. You will be sent a letter that:

notifies you of this fact and provides you with your file number
sets out some basic instructions for contacting CIC
gives you a brief outline of future processing steps

This is my only worry. I would like to hear feedback from someone who has successfully gone through the process and received an AOR even though all documents on the checklist were not submitted all together.

It would be appreciated!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Chia,

I've been among the ones who never filed for taxes, till i started applying for CEC. I learned that i was supposed to send the NOA along with the documents, but since i had never filed for tax returns in the past 3 years, i was told it will take almost 16 weeks to get it.

So, I sent my application without the NOA...yes without NOA. But as seniors have recommended here, I made sure that I try to give all other supporting information - attached copies of pay stubs from the 1st week to the most recent week, T4s etc. And yes - a letter stating the documents that I'm not able to attach with the application yet, including few police certificates. I also gave a rough timeline when I will be able to send the remaining documents.

I got the AOR almost a month after i submitted the application. I got the NOA in about 2 and half months along with few remaining police certificates.

So the answer for you is that you can send your NOA later - it wont have any impact on your AOR. But make sure that you send other documents like pay stubs, T4s etc, with your initial application.

all the best.

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Chia,

I've been among the ones who never filed for taxes, till i started applying for CEC. I learned that i was supposed to send the NOA along with the documents, but since i had never filed for tax returns in the past 3 years, i was told it will take almost 16 weeks to get it.

So, I sent my application without the NOA...yes without NOA. But as seniors have recommended here, I made sure that I try to give all other supporting information - attached copies of pay stubs from the 1st week to the most recent week, T4s etc. And yes - a letter stating the documents that I'm not able to attach with the application yet, including few police certificates. I also gave a rough timeline when I will be able to send the remaining documents.

I got the AOR almost a month after i submitted the application. I got the NOA in about 2 and half months along with few remaining police certificates.

So the answer for you is that you can send your NOA later - it wont have any impact on your AOR. But make sure that you send other documents like pay stubs, T4s etc, with your initial application.

all the best.

Thanks so much for your input!! :) I will apply in confidence tomorrow morning via FedEx overnight shipping.