+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wonderfull job oppurtunity especially for New Immigrants

jotsingh1986

Nov 1, 2010
Hello,

My name is Jot singh and i came to canada about 4 months back .I completed my B.Tech in India and after that worked for 4 years in one of the best Textile Export company of North india. I came to canada with high hopes of finding a good job because i believed i have good education , good experience , good Communication(English language skills) but all my hopes were shattered within first one month of landing here.Because believe it or not i am going to tell you the biggest truth about canada system,when you apply for PR they do consider your education and your experience back home but when you apply for good jobs on reaching here employers don't even look at it . They ask for canadian experience .
You can get jobs in factories and stores easily through employment agencies and if you are happy doing that after so much of study and quality work back home,go ahead and do it with a gurantee that your life is going to be like that for quite a number of years.
Other option is to go for higher studies but Quality study that not even gurantees you a good job is so expensive that you will almost plan on going back home.

So there i was, totally dejected after my first 2 months of reaching canada that i was even thinking about going back home but then i came across a wonderfull opportunity that filled with me life again.

I Joined primerica as an Independent Financial Representaive and i am working with full dedication from last two months. i am getting a steady income with and full recognition of my efforts and a gurantee of promotion if i keep putting my hard work.
The training period is of 2 weeks after which you can start earning by passing a provincial exam .

I posted this message for all other people like me who have good education and were working in good jobs back home and are going through the same emotions as me to know about this oppurtunity and request them to come and grab this chance .
The company is always looking for motivated & energetic people who have a vision to succeed and are willing to work for it.
For furthur details mail me at jotsingh1986@gmail.com

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Types of positions with companies like Primerica are good for individuals who like 'sales' oriented positions and can work independently. I also believe (but don't quote me) that many of these positions are commission based - so yes, the harder you work, the more money you'll make. You have to be very sales oriented, people oriented and have good negotiation skills. If this is you, then maybe roles like this would be a good fit.

All education will not be the same from country to country, so it will be important to ensure you have your educational equivalency documentation. If you have this, Canadian HR will see the value in your education - it won't be a negative.

If your resume is reformatted for the Canadian marketplace, and you fully understand the protocols of job searching in the Canadian market it's not unreasonable to expect it to take 3+ months to land a similiar type of job -- this is the reality for anyone in the Canadian market, let alone a new immigrant.

I agree you do have to look at all options.

If unsure of the Canadian market can you refer to this page:

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/JobSearchStrategies/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx

jotsingh1986

Nov 1, 2010
I am thankfull to Career coach for addressing the most important point which i almost forgot that opportunities like this are suitable for individuals who like their independence, who can be their own Boss and who are ambitious and want to be compensated well for their hard work . if you don't like your independence ,flexibility or you think you can only work only if somebody instructions ,then this opportunity is a big NO for you.
But if you think you are a people's person ,you like to interact with new people, you can negotiate , you have good interpersonal skills then come and grab this chance .This is your one way ticket to good money and freedom.

INIMI

Oct 25, 2010
Careercoach,

Can you please tell me, how UK education and experience is viewed in Canada? In the accounting and Finance sector? And also after obtaining the CGA licence from Canada...

Thanks

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Primerica also some kind of Pyramid, where you must recruit others to get higher. So be aware.

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's been various news about Primerica over the years, so like anything....do your research.

Re: UK educational requirements, they are generally received very well. Job Searching between many of the Commonwealth countries can easier as more is known about the educational and employment markets. There doesn't always seem to be the same issues where educational qualifications may not be as well known from other countries. (which you should get your qualification credential paperwork)

If your looking for CGA, or CMA qualifications in Ontario, here is one link. http://www.cga-ontario.org/

You can also link to other provinces if you are considering other Canadian citites/provinces.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
How can a resume be remformatted for the Canadian marketplace? I'm thinking of changing my resume from a chronological to functional format. I think it makes sense to focus on the skills and not the job history(employers,dates, etc.) since the previous work experience in our home country is not as significant anymore, most important is the "Canadian work experience". Will a functional resume make more sense?
Also, I have this perception that we newly landed immigrants are considered new to the job market, like a new graduate with no work experience, am i accurate with this assumption?

Canadian Career Coach said:
If your resume is reformatted for the Canadian marketplace, and you fully understand the protocols of job searching in the Canadian market it's not unreasonable to expect it to take 3+ months to land a similiar type of job -- this is the reality for anyone in the Canadian market, let alone a new immigrant.

I agree you do have to look at all options.

If unsure of the Canadian market can you refer to this page:

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/JobSearchStrategies/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Yes you are right. Canadian Work experience, i heard alot of this and was damn discouraged when i heard an agency is recruiting but when i call them because they already have my resume they said they only take those who have worked in canada for 6 months. Mark you i had uk experience 6 years in human resources.

Re resume, some companies or organisation they do put on their website the way they would like to display or the format of your resume. So you could also check otherwise the one done with your career councilor would do.

congratulations Jotsighn for your career move its always hard to make a decision on what job to make a move on coz once yo start in something that you dont like it would be hard to change sometimes because life has to take its course.

jotsingh1986

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks martha,
I know its tough in the start but who said life is easy.
i just know i came to canada with a good education and communication not to drive taxi or do a factory job.
i have a vision and this opportunity has given me the way to go there.
I have to build a good team and then sky is the limit as there is humangous market for Primerica financial products .
Already i am doing good and with few more good persons on my team we will fly high.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Hi Jotsingh1986

Stability and being independent is the way forward in the western world. You are really really doing well. There is no better way of explaining this. And I really get the logics of your story.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Funny you mention this.

I was at PrimericaCanada today and they explained me all about it. Sounds just like one of those jobs I should NOT go and get on board.

Gimme a job at a warehouse and not one of these "Pyramide" jobs!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jotsingh although I respect your views, energy and passion, people in this forum require a job not a "job opportunity" which basically means working 9-5 getting paid for that time. They are also educated and some are specially trained in their respective field, they have acheievd that by spending lots of time, money and energy to do something they love and are passionate about .........just like your primerica business.

Primerica, World Financial Group, Freedom 55, Alticor, Quixtar, Questnet and the list goes on and on have the same business model maybe the product is different but overall everybody knows the inside scoop. Sure its not easy getting a six figure job, having said that its not easy making six figures in any of these businesses either. So bottom line is please dont use peoples frustrations about unemployment to leverage your recruitment business.

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A functional resume format may be a good option for you -- just remember that most recruiters and placement agencies are not big fans of this format, because they do want to see (very quickly) a working chronology, even though with a functional resume you'll have this on the second page.

I always suggest to my clients who put together a functional resume, that they start with a chronological version and then cut/paste into a functional format as their second version. You then have to consider when it's appropriate to submit which format.

There are a number of embedded examples of all common resume fortmats in the followoing link:

http://careego.com/ResumesLetters/ResumeDevelopment/ResumeStylesSamples/tabid/110/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlotteJ said:
Funny you mention this.

I was at PrimericaCanada today and they explained me all about it. Sounds just like one of those jobs I should NOT go and get on board.

Gimme a job at a warehouse and not one of these "Pyramide" jobs!
Well said !

square111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2009
I also went to the information sessions at a few such groups providing financial services. A few sessions later, I decided that this was not for me!!!
I needed a survival job, even with the minimum wages, to put food on the table, as I was running out of money!!!

jotsingh1986 said:
Hello,

My name is Jot singh and i came to canada about 4 months back .I completed my B.Tech in India and after that worked for 4 years in one of the best Textile Export company of North india. I came to canada with high hopes of finding a good job because i believed i have good education , good experience , good Communication(English language skills) but all my hopes were shattered within first one month of landing here.Because believe it or not i am going to tell you the biggest truth about canada system,when you apply for PR they do consider your education and your experience back home but when you apply for good jobs on reaching here employers don't even look at it . They ask for canadian experience .
You can get jobs in factories and stores easily through employment agencies and if you are happy doing that after so much of study and quality work back home,go ahead and do it with a gurantee that your life is going to be like that for quite a number of years.
Other option is to go for higher studies but Quality study that not even gurantees you a good job is so expensive that you will almost plan on going back home.

So there i was, totally dejected after my first 2 months of reaching canada that i was even thinking about going back home but then i came across a wonderfull opportunity that filled with me life again.

I Joined primerica as an Independent Financial Representaive and i am working with full dedication from last two months. i am getting a steady income with and full recognition of my efforts and a gurantee of promotion if i keep putting my hard work.
The training period is of 2 weeks after which you can start earning by passing a provincial exam .

I posted this message for all other people like me who have good education and were working in good jobs back home and are going through the same emotions as me to know about this oppurtunity and request them to come and grab this chance .
The company is always looking for motivated & energetic people who have a vision to succeed and are willing to work for it.
For furthur details mail me at jotsingh1986 @ gmail.com