+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of sponsorship

M_G

Mar 4, 2018
Hi all

I need help on how to exclude my spouse from sponsorship. I got my COPR in November-2018 through express entry. But before i could land, i got married in Dec-2018 and informed cic of change in my marital status. It's been one month and i have realised that guy is fraud and married me for Canadian PR. His documents needs to be submitted by Feb 8. I don't want to loose my PR as i have worked for it but at the same time i dontd want to sponsor him. Is there any way out?
Please guide if anyone has some knowledge of similar case.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi all

I need help on how to exclude my spouse from sponsorship. I got my COPR in November-2018 through express entry. But before i could land, i got married in Dec-2018 and informed cic of change in my marital status. It's been one month and i have realised that guy is fraud and married me for Canadian PR. His documents needs to be submitted by Feb 8. I don't want to loose my PR as i have worked for it but at the same time i dontd want to sponsor him. Is there any way out?
You need to inform CIC and they will most likely ask you divorce certificate, but before you do that, I would advise you to relax and take some time to think over this decision. It is not long since you have been married, and it can be really difficult in the beginning if you did not know each other well/long before marriage.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all

it's a tough call. If you're sure you no longer want to sponsor him, you need to inform CIC by raising a CSE.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

M_G

Mar 4, 2018
Divorce can't happen right away. Just wanted to know if there is a way out when I get new COPR. As in I leave from here and information cic to cancel his COPR.

M_G

Mar 4, 2018
it's a tough call. If you're sure you no longer want to sponsor him, you need to inform CIC by raising a CSE.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Are you sure about it because I have no divorce filed as of now? I had submitted all his documents and know he is still cheating on me and used me for Canadian PR. Really messed up here but can't seem to find a way out to save my PR and get his cancelled. If someone can please suggest an alternative option :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can put him as non-accompanying. Best thing would be to legally separate and inform CIC. You need to be honest with CIC if your marriage is over and suspect that your husband married you to secure immigration.

M_G

Mar 4, 2018
You can put him as non-accompanying. Best thing would be to legally separate and inform CIC. You need to be honest with CIC if your marriage is over and suspect that your husband married you to secure immigration.
Legal separation is a time consuming process sometimes take years. I have already submitted his documents and marked as accompanying. Can I still mail CIC and mark him as non accompanying? I can then initiate divorce process once I have made a landing in canada!!
Please suggest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Legal separation is a time consuming process sometimes take years. I have already submitted his documents and marked as accompanying. Can I still mail CIC and mark him as non accompanying? I can then initiate divorce process once I have made a landing in canada!!
Please suggest.
Yes you can switch to non-accompanying.

Reactions: M_G and scylla

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
So i

So i can simply mail CIC that for personal reasons he won't be accompanying me?
No need to inform cic.
since you r the primary applicant you can land alone/first landing.

just send divorce papers from canada RATHER prepare ur divorce papers in india now itself, just send them once you are in Canada.
No need to handover his copr to him.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please suggest.
The legal separation process in your country might take years but Canada has no formal legal separation process. If the marriage is over and you have decided to divorce, you are legally separated.

M_G

Mar 4, 2018
If
No need to inform cic.
since you r the primary applicant you can land alone/first landing.

just send divorce papers from canada RATHER prepare ur divorce papers in india now itself, just send them once you are in Canada.
No need to handover his copr to him.
If I land, then he can also land anytime. I cannot withhold his COPR I guess. I feel used, so I don't want him to reach Canada through me!

M_G

Mar 4, 2018
The legal separation process in your country might take years but Canada has no formal legal separation process. If the marriage is over and you have decided to divorce, you are legally separated.
Right but I don't want to take him along. :(