+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of refugee application

skyline9888

Jul 5, 2023
Hello, everyone. I want to know how long it will take to cancel the "application form for cancellation of refugees" if it is submitted by mail and how long I can receive the cancellation letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, everyone. I want to know how long it will take to cancel the "application form for cancellation of refugees" if it is submitted by mail and how long I can receive the cancellation letter.
Tough to say. Once you withdraw your application your removal order will become active. Are you planning on leaving Canada? Most asylum seekers are unaware that they can’t use their work history while claiming asylum to qualify for other immigration programs and asylum seekers do no qualify to apply for most express entry applications while in Canada because they lack status.

skyline9888

Jul 5, 2023
Tough to say. Once you withdraw your application your removal order will become active. Are you planning on leaving Canada? Most asylum seekers are unaware that they can’t use their work history while claiming asylum to qualify for other immigration programs and asylum seekers do no qualify to apply for most express entry applications while in Canada because they lack status.
My sister applied for religious refugee protection in Canada on a tourist visa in May this year. She passed the medical examination and interview in June, and also handed in her passport. I heard that she would give the refugee paper in July, but now she regrets it and just wants to return to China. If she submits the application form for revoking the refugee now, how long will it take to receive the revocation letter?