+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw PGWP application and re-apply?

Ray UW

Jun 14, 2023
Hi guys,

I am having a problem with PGWP application. I submitted the application of PGWP on May 20th; however, my study permit has expired on March 31st while the extension application was in process at the time of the submission of PGWP application. That means I submitted the PGWP application on "maintained status". According to the IRCC policies, I cannot work now due to the maintain status. Today, I received the approval of my study permit extension. So my question is, can I withdraw the previous PGWP application, and then re-apply it. In this case, my study permit is valid at the time of PGWP application, so can I go to work? Thank you!

jdoe28015

Aug 25, 2020
Hi guys,

I am having a problem with PGWP application. I submitted the application of PGWP on May 20th; however, my study permit has expired on March 31st while the extension application was in process at the time of the submission of PGWP application. That means I submitted the PGWP application on "maintained status". According to the IRCC policies, I cannot work now due to the maintain status. Today, I received the approval of my study permit extension. So my question is, can I withdraw the previous PGWP application, and then re-apply it. In this case, my study permit is valid at the time of PGWP application, so can I go to work? Thank you!
Not an expert advice here. I think you should go ahead and withdraw the current PGWP application and apply again since you are now in status. Just verify that you are still within the window to apply for PGWP based on when you completed your studies.

Ray UW

Jun 14, 2023
Not an expert advice here. I think you should go ahead and withdraw the current PGWP application and apply again since you are now in status. Just verify that you are still within the window to apply for PGWP based on when you completed your studies.
Thank you for your advice. Yes that it what I was thinking about. I also talked with an immigration consultant in my university, he also said it could be a good option. I graduated at the end of April, so I will be still in the 90 days window for PGWP.
Just a follow-up question. Can I re-submit a new PGWP application at first, then request a withdrawal of previous one via Webform. I am asking this because I heard it could take 1-2 weeks for IRCC to act after submitting a webform. Thank you!

foram2

Jun 30, 2023
Hello guys I have a same issue right now and sometimes ircc saying I can work because now I have extension and some saying I can't.. so now I'll go with withdrawal which suggested by my immigration lawyer..

sa880419

Feb 14, 2024
Hi guys,

how did you resolve this issue? Did you withdraw the PGWp and reapplied? How long before you got the new pgWp you applied was approved?