+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

withdraw application Inland to apply to Outland

jess_in _mtl

Apr 17, 2012
Hi Everyone,

So - I followed the advice of a lawyer. He said that since I am living in Canada I could only apply to Inland.
He did not tell me that I could not leave the country during the 18-20 months my file is being processed, (and that it could be closed if I am denied entry at the boarder).

I had posted my file to Vegreville a month ago, and I met someone a few days ago from my home country who said to me that I could have sent my application Outland. That way it will be quicker, and I can leave the country if I need to (family emergency etc.)

So I called CIC, they sad that my file had not been opened and that I can withdraw my application from Vegreville and then send a new file to my home country. They put a note in the system, but I also had to send a letter with my details and receipt of payment to Vegreville asking to withdraw the application.

The call centre said that it may take up to 6 weeks before it is official..

Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I the only stupid person who paid $300 for a lawyer who gave bad advice.

How do I find out when they have withdrawn my application officially? Does the money just appear back on my credit card and then I know? Or do I get a letter? or do I have to call the call centre every few weeks to see what is going on??

Thanks, and good luck to everyone with their applications!!

vivam

Jan 15, 2009
Kamloops
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2011/sponsor approved 10/23/2011
Med's Done....
6/10/2011/meds rec'd 01/03/2012
Passport Req..
2/13/2012
LANDED..........
5/11/2012
I have had to do this, don't feel stupid, it's the lawyers and CIC agents who should feel stupid for not knowing their jobs.

You will need to send the letter asking that your app. be withdrawn. You will receive a letter in about 6 weeks acknowledging the receipt of your letter. I can't quite recall, but I am pretty certain the check came separately maybe 2-3 weeks later.

Unless you have special circumstances you really don't need a lawyer.

Vicki14

Jul 20, 2012
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but can you tell me, vivam, whether or not they sent your whole package back from Vegreville and how long that took?

Thanks!