+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

With LPP still in progress, should I contact IRCC to state that I am ready for travel to Canada on short notice should I be scheduled for oath ?

SuperMongoose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi, I'm worried that my application is paused because I left shortly after applying. (due to family emergency, that turned into helping family member get better).

Timeline:

* Submission online from Montreal: Aug 30th 2023 (Montreal office)
* AOR: Oct 10th
* BG complete: Nov 1st
* Test done Nov 24th outside Canada (with IRCC's permission), marked as complete Nov 27
* LPP still in progress (now almost 4 weeks after test has been marked complete Nov 27)
* Oath not started

I see many people on whatsapp groups and facebook having a short amount of days for LPP completion after test.

Do you think it is likely my application has been paused until my return ?

Do you think it would help if I called or sent them a webform to tell them I would be ready to travel for oath on short notice ? I also considered asking for GCMS notes.

Thanks

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Hi, I'm worried that my application is paused because I left shortly after applying. (due to family emergency, that turned into helping family member get better).

Timeline:

* Submission online from Montreal: Aug 30th 2023 (Montreal office)
* AOR: Oct 10th
* BG complete: Nov 1st
* Test done Nov 24th outside Canada (with IRCC's permission), marked as complete Nov 27
* LPP still in progress (now almost 4 weeks after test has been marked complete Nov 27)
* Oath not started

I see many people on whatsapp groups and facebook having a short amount of days for LPP completion after test.

Do you think it is likely my application has been paused until my return ?

Do you think it would help if I called or sent them a webform to tell them I would be ready to travel for oath on short notice ? I also considered asking for GCMS notes.

Thanks
I am also in same situation but have been waiting for 3 months for LPP is in progress.

Test done outside canada : Sep 28th ( almost 3 months done)
LPP is in progress still

SuperMongoose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Scarborough offices . whats yours ?
yes , GCMS notes says : location - E-Grant Outside canada

what do we need to send thru web form ? whats the link ?
Montreal office as said in the post. we don't *need* to send anything thru web form, I just had an idea to send a message to state I'm ready to travel on short notice in case application was put on hold because they thought I could not attend the oath. But it's all speculation.

I asked on another forum and one commenter said one should just be ready to travel for oath, and that being outside should not put application on hold. From what I read, the "E-Grant Outside canada" mention is just a way to state you passed the citizenship test through an e-grant (that it was online) and that you did it outside Canada. Doesn't mean much more than that.

I would call them, not send a webform, to ask them if LPP has started or if application in on hold. number is: (888) 242-2100

The webform URL: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
If you read the description, it's used if application has exceeded processing time (now at 16 months I think), or to send documentation basically, not before then.

I'm taking my own advice and only calling them next year if there is no progress. We're still well below the 16 months processing time. Also, I don't know if you hang out on other forums, whatsapp/fb groups but scarborough office is mentioned overall as one of the slowest, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

If you do call them, please let me know what they tell you, if LPP has started for you, and if being outside has slowed or paused your application. (which I'm told is not the case on another forum)

Thanks !