+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

With Current Master Degree Can I Apply for Another Master Degree in Canada?

somel

Nov 13, 2014
I have bachelor in CSE and Masters in CS and 13 years work experience as a software engineer. I want to apply to Canada for a master program in software engineering which is related to my job experience. Will it be a cause to be rejected because of my current master degree in Computer Science?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I have bachelor in CSE and Masters in CS and 13 years work experience as a software engineer. I want to apply to Canada for a master program in software engineering which is related to my job experience. Will it be a cause to be rejected because of my current master degree in Computer Science?
It all depends on how you justify it. If it's a different specialization/research field than what you previously studied, relevant to your current/future work scope or industry trend, and at a reputable uni, then your chances are good.

Your SOP will make or break your application.

somel

Nov 13, 2014
It all depends on how you justify it. If it's a different specialization/research field than what you previously studied, relevant to your current/future work scope or industry trend, and at a reputable uni, then your chances are good.

Your SOP will make or break your application.
Should I show my current masters degree while applying for SP in Embassy and university to get admission?