+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg landed immigrants please share your landing experience, etc...

joy_p

Star Member
Jun 2, 2009
Hi! To all immigrants who landed in Winnipeg, or are planning to land in Winnipeg, can you please share your landing experiences? I'm sure most of us in this forum would be very interested to learn how to go thru with the process.

Was it easy looking for a house? a job? Are the people friendly?

Thanks in advance for sharing! :)

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
joy_p said:
Hi! To all immigrants who landed in Winnipeg, or are planning to land in Winnipeg, can you please share your landing experiences? I'm sure most of us in this forum would be very interested to learn how to go thru with the process.

Was it easy looking for a house? a job? Are the people friendly?
Me too, I'm anxious to know what it's like to be a newcomer in a new country. It's like everything is back to zero.

You can check this site (if you haven't visited it yet) and maybe you'll find some answers just like I'm trying to.

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=326

Good luck to all of us. Fingers crossed.

joy_p

Star Member
Jun 2, 2009
Thanks for your reply Harry! :)
I've read in one of the topics in this forum that you're hoping to land in Winnipeg this August? Good luck! and hope you could also share your experience with us!

robert_deeni

Star Member
Nov 22, 2009
Hi to every one.

I am expecting (hopeflly) to get PR visa by next year and if every things gone normally i should land in winnipeg by August 2011 along with my family.
I visited Winnipig befor and looked to me quite city but with good future, i don't know about it's tough winter since i went during summer.
The people are very freindly and they will try to help if ever you ask for.

MC

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2010
Doc's Request.
10 june 2010
AOR Received.
10 june 2010
Med's Request
10 june 2010
Med's Done....
21 june 2010
Passport Req..
10 june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
23 September 2010
LANDED..........
Soon
I have been to Winnipeg three times in the last six years, Small city , very beautiful in the summer, harsh winters to say the least.
Very friendly people, I love the city that's why I want to move thr. Nothing is more than 15 mins drive away,

Don't go thr expecting it to be like other big North American city's, its not.

jamesneil

Dec 31, 2011
winnipeg is one of the best city's for immigrant in canada it has the largest filipino population per capita it also has the oldest filipino community in canada which dates back to 1950s. its culturally and economically diverse it has amazing summer but winter can be challenging . bottom line winnipeg is a medium canadian city that is rapidly growing due to immigration.

anish.singh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome..

Winnipeg is experiencing a warm winter this year...wishing you all the very best

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MC said:
I have been to Winnipeg three times in the last six years, Small city , very beautiful in the summer, harsh winters to say the least.
Very friendly people, I love the city that's why I want to move thr. Nothing is more than 15 mins drive away,

Don't go thr expecting it to be like other big North American city's, its not.
Hey MC,
Its long time sir. You haven't Winnipeg yet?

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
I landed in Winterpeg in March 2010, been here for more than 2 years now..

Lots of relatives here, enjoying work but ofcourse its incomplete as my family is still back home..

I already sponsored my brother and he's now approved and waiting for his medical and soon visa.. :)

I went home last January 2012 and gett married, now i am processing my hubby's application and will submit next week hopefully.. :)

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
Winnipeg is family oriented... Literally bonded.. Especially for us Filipinos. :)

DOn't expect much about Winnipeg if you've been from Singapore, Australia or United States..

Every dream is reachable.. Just be industrious.. ;)

Work is everywhere, just dont be too picky.. :p

utche

May 16, 2012
HI JOY
ill tried to ask some help how to fill up the form imm0008 im comfuse with the answer we re under mpnp and our category family stream. in Q1 B ANG PINAMALAPIT NA SGOT AY YUNG FMILY IN Q2 IS OTHER RELaTVE YUNG LANG KC ANG Magkalapit na ans. we recievd approval letter fr. cic
3 wiks ago til now were not yet finish to fill the form. kc ginagater nmin ang doc. nun nagpil ap ba kyo electronically or hand written kc ngtry ako mgpilap den ngprin 10 barcodes yung lumabas i dont know if its ryt. gve me some ans. pls. yun nsa info. guide nila 5 barcodes lang.

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
utche said:
HI JOY
ill tried to ask some help how to fill up the form imm0008 im comfuse with the answer we re under mpnp and our category family stream. in Q1 B ANG PINAMALAPIT NA SGOT AY YUNG FMILY IN Q2 IS OTHER RELaTVE YUNG LANG KC ANG Magkalapit na ans. we recievd approval letter fr. cic
3 wiks ago til now were not yet finish to fill the form. kc ginagater nmin ang doc. nun nagpil ap ba kyo electronically or hand written kc ngtry ako mgpilap den ngprin 10 barcodes yung lumabas i dont know if its ryt. gve me some ans. pls. yun nsa info. guide nila 5 barcodes lang.
Hi. If you are under PNP, then your answer in Q1 must be ECONOMIC. Then Q2 you must select PROVINCIAL NOMINEES. If you answer FAMILY in Q1 then that is wrong. Family means Family class. It does not mean family stream. Regarding bar codes, it will be generated automatically after validating your application. All you have to do is make sure that you properly and completely fill up the form. You cannot control the number of bar codes that will come out. Do not expect that you should get the same number of bar codes similar to the example. read the P7000 guide before you fill up the forms. All you need to know is there. Hope this helps!

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
AOR-CIO: 9th May 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Dont know but ECAS Changed to IN-PROCESS 24/5/2012
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
blessedelaine said:
Winnipeg is family oriented... Literally bonded.. Especially for us Filipinos. :)

DOn't expect much about Winnipeg if you've been from Singapore, Australia or United States..

Every dream is reachable.. Just be industrious.. ;)

Work is everywhere, just dont be too picky.. :p
Hi

Thanks for your advice. Please kindly advise me what to do if I am being invited for job interview when I am actually outside Canada waiting for my Visa?

Cheers

Lhobcemea

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
Nomination.....
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
Med's Request
08-11-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2013
what to do first when you arrive in canada? are we going to seek insurance as soon as we get there? is there a filipino community to go to or to help you with like seeking for a job or school for children? please tell your stories.

thank you.