Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
I am really frustrated...

How come people who applied this year already got test invites?

What is going on? my application has been received over a year ago... No word from them at all....

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
jhjeppe said:

What is going on? my application has been received over a year ago... No word from them at all....

The frustration I know all too well. It is horrible that something as important as Canadian Citizenship to many of us can leave us so depressed.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
There has been a recent change with the way they process the application. It used to be a 3-step process now reduced to just 1. Unfortunately, application forms received before the change will be processed according to the old way. ???

jhjeppe said:

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hello Aspire

When did they change the way they process applications? like from 3 step to I step process? cheers
aspire said:
There has been a recent change with the way they process the application. It used to be a 3-step process now reduced to just 1. Unfortunately, application forms received before the change will be processed according to the old way. ???

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
August 1st, 2014.

handsomeishere said:
Hello Aspire

When did they change the way they process applications? like from 3 step to I step process? cheers

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hello

Had my test today in Winnipeg , scored 19/20, :), during the interview official said there was a gap of about 90 days between the passports from back home, when my passport expired I applied after a month and got a new one within 2 months, so there was 3 months between the 2, official said that the passport does not cover the full 1195 days so he needs to order my entry report from Canadian Border lol , do not recall what agency he was talking about , I have never been out of Canada in the 3 years time before I applied for citizenship, so I am kool with it , the official was super friendly,
like most of the people on the forum one piece of advise , read the book please multiple time , that would help pass the test.

cheers

WendLassida

Oct 29, 2011
My citizenship test and interview went well yesterday. I scored 100%. To prepare for the test, I read the guide (Dicover Canada) twice and did a lot of online practice tests.Two other members of my family took the test as well and passed (100% and 90%).

After the test, we had a 5-10 min meeting with two immigration officers. One of the officers was checking our papers (mainly passports, PR cards and Landing documents) while the other one was observing. One of us did not have his PR card and heath card but apparently this wasn't an issue. He lost his wallet with the PR and health cards in it 2 week ago. The officer just asked if a police report was filed for the lost PR card and the answer was "not yet". She also asked some simple questions, like who is my employer and why I decided to settle in Winnipeg. Our test results were not communicated to us until the officer finished checking our documents and talking to us.

Then she said we should expect the oath ceremony sometime in early fall and that we could now go home and start celebrating. She was very nice.

WendLassida

Oct 29, 2011
Bjsofy said:
Congrats! which site you do online test... thank you....

I get this error message when trying to post the links to the online tests: Sorry, you are not allowed to post links

So I removed the www part of the URLs to deceive the site. So please use www before each link...

Here are the links (without the www part)

.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_Test_Index.asp

.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm

.citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz

winnipeg2015

Feb 25, 2015
Both of us passed - but some of the questions were tricky.
Suggest everyone to read the book as many times as you can and thoroughly (names of people, dates etc.).
After 2-3 readings of the book and hundreds of questions, i only got 18 (could have easily failed if prepared less) and my wife only 16.
We had no issue grasping the content of the book but still this was quite a thing !!

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Congrats to both of u, did they give you a paper saying that oath would be in 3-5 months time , and are you from Brandon area ?
winnipeg2015 said:
Both of us passed - but some of the questions were tricky.
Suggest everyone to read the book as many times as you can and thoroughly (names of people, dates etc.).
After 2-3 readings of the book and hundreds of questions, i only got 18 (could have easily failed if prepared less) and my wife only 16.
We had no issue grasping the content of the book but still this was quite a thing !!