+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will there be any problem now if I include my work experience

Agasthya

Dec 4, 2023
Hello all,
I didn’t include my work experience during Study visa because of my agent. Agent said the applied course in Canada is totally different from the work I am doing. But now if I add that experience I will get around 36 points. But the issue is if they ask for paystubs I don’t have any. I haven’t even done tax file. But I have the reference letter from employee, letter of employment and experience letter. Will it be enough? Should I include my experience or not? My work permit is getting over and I have a very less time too. What should I do?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
It is expected that you be truthful in any application that you submit. If you failed to declare work ex in study permit application, but want to mention/hide again in PR application - no one here can tell for sure what will happen to your PR application. It will be at IRCC's discretion on what outcome they have on your PR application. The risk of including OR hiding the work ex is entirely yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Agasthya

Dec 4, 2023
All documents are genuine but if they come back and ask can I say to them to contact my company directly to verify as I won’t be able to provide my pay stubs? is there anyone who have got PR by adding experience now but have not submitted their pay stubs.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
All documents are genuine but if they come back and ask can I say to them to contact my company directly to verify as I won’t be able to provide my pay stubs? is there anyone who have got PR by adding experience now but have not submitted their pay stubs.
Why you cant provide paystubs if work was genuine?

Agasthya

Dec 4, 2023
It was a very small company and they use to google pay me. Before coming to Canada I closed that account and opened NRI account and I came so that it won’t be any problem for me in future. But closing that account and getting paid through google pay can’t be explained to Ircc and that is my biggest problem now. Instead I thought of asking Ircc to verify my employment by contacting my company directly. Will that work fine?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
It was a very small company and they use to google pay me. Before coming to Canada I closed that account and opened NRI account and I came so that it won’t be any problem for me in future. But closing that account and getting paid through google pay can’t be explained to Ircc and that is my biggest problem now. Instead I thought of asking Ircc to verify my employment by contacting my company directly. Will that work fine?
In my opinion, the answer is no especially the company is reputable, most likely IRCC would require both reference letter and proof of compensation... If my assumption is correct, then you only need to include in Schedule A but not claiming points under your profile CRS.