+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will someone evaluate my chances of getting a visa approval?

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Non-SDS application Fall 2021
Applied for M.Sc in Physics (Nuclear Fusion)
Language proficiency: TOEFL (108)
Financial support: 18,500 CAD/year scholarship + 48,000 CAD bank balance (Parents as sponsor) (College fee not paid though, as the agent advised not to pay as well as professor said not to worry about it)
Property valuation: around 420,000 CAD

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Non-SDS application Fall 2021
Applied for M.Sc in Physics (Nuclear Fusion)
Language proficiency: TOEFL (108)
Financial support: 18,500 CAD/year scholarship + 48,000 CAD bank balance (Parents as sponsor) (College fee not paid though, as the agent advised not to pay as well as professor said not to worry about it)
Property valuation: around 420,000 CAD
1. Which country are you applying from? Is that your country of origin?
2. How old are you?
3. Did you show any money of your own?
4. Whose property was evaluated?
5. Does the LOA from your school state that the scholarship is unconditional? Or you need to meet/maintain certain academic obligations?

Reactions: Shadow_Man

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
1. Which country are you applying from? Is that your country of origin?
2. How old are you?
3. Did you show any money of your own?
4. Whose property was evaluated?
5. Does the LOA from your school state that the scholarship is unconditional? Or you need to meet/maintain certain academic obligations?
1. I'm applying from Nepal. Yes it is my country of origin
2. I'm 23
3. No, I did not show any money of my own just my parents and their sponsorship letter
4. It's my parents property.
5. The scholarship is a research grant given as a salary until the completion of the degree.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
1. I'm applying from Nepal. Yes it is my country of origin
2. I'm 23
3. No, I did not show any money of my own just my parents and their sponsorship letter
4. It's my parents property.
5. The scholarship is a research grant given as a salary until the completion of the degree.
I can't see any red flag besides not having your own funds. It is understandable that you are still being sponsored by your parents given your relatively young age, plus you have a grant. As long as your SOP properly lays out your intentions and justify your plans, you should be good.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
I can't see any red flag besides not having your own funds. It is understandable that you are still being sponsored by your parents given your relatively young age, plus you have a grant. As long as your SOP properly lays out your intentions and justify your plans, you should be good.
Thank you for your assessment. Doesn't the bank balance count towards my fund since that has been kept aside solely for my use?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you for your assessment. Doesn't the bank balance count towards my fund since that has been kept aside solely for my use?
How do you prove that is kept solely for your use? Is it a gift deed in your name or in your personal account? If it's kept solely for your use then it should be in your account or better still in a GIC account in Canada. That will show genuinely that it is solely for your studies.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
How do you prove that is kept solely for your use? Is it a gift deed in your name or in your personal account? If it's kept solely for your use then it should be in your account or better still in a GIC account in Canada. That will show genuinely that it is solely for your studies.
Oh, alright. I guess this may be an issue then.