+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will My PR Application Get Rejected?

mmsalman

Jul 13, 2017
I left country X on 6 March 2017. I got the police certificate in February 2017. I completed my PR application from country Y.

I was told this will lead to my application being rejected! Is this true?

I have submitted my application a couple of days ago. Is there anything I can do to avoid a potential rejection?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
There is one page in CIC that says any PCC less than 6 month is fine irrespective of residing or past lived country, and another page says past lived country PCC needs to be after one has left the country. It is bit unclear on which CIC will follow. Later is safer option and foul proof.

Anyways it is already August, so you are out of luck any ways even with first case if you had submitted after 6 month window. Try getting another PCC and submit it via CSE ASAP.

Reactions: mmsalman

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
I left country X on 6 March 2017. I got the police certificate in February 2017. I completed my PR application from country Y.

I was told this will lead to my application being rejected! Is this true?

I have submitted my application a couple of days ago. Is there anything I can do to avoid a potential rejection?
It should be fine as long as you got PCC from country X after you left and also PCC for country Y if you stayed there for more than 6 months.

mmsalman

Jul 13, 2017
There is one page in CIC that says any PCC less than 6 month is fine irrespective of residing or past lived country, and another page says past lived country PCC needs to be after one has left the country. It is bit unclear on which CIC will follow. Later is safer option and foul proof.

Anyways it is already August, so you are out of luck any ways even with first case if you had submitted after 6 month window. Try getting another PCC and submit it via CSE ASAP.
OK, so my application for PR application was submitted on 24 Aug 2017. The police certificate was issued on 14 Feb 2017. It is just older than 6 months, the time limit specified by CIC.

There is a silver lining though. Country X is Oman, and it says on CIC's website that I do not need to submit a police clearance for Oman unless they request it. At least that is what I understand. Can you please check:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/oman.asp

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

This is my second PR attempt, but luckily all the other police clearances are issued end of March, so just within the 6 month limit :rolleyes:.

Do I understand this correctly? I do not need the clearance for Oman unless they ask for it?

Last edited:

mmsalman

Jul 13, 2017

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Can you check my answer above and reply?
mmsalman,
I think you need to restate your case, to provide us with more clarity, so we can answer you correctly :)

1. How many countries have you been in since you were 18? - Answer A
2. Of the countries in Answer A, which ones have you been in cumulatively for 6 months or more? - Answer B
3. Which country are you in now? - Answer C

For Answer C, assuming you've been there for 6 months or more, your police certificate needs to be less than 6 months old at the date of submitting your eAPR (so, since you submitted on August 24, the PCC can't have been issued before February 24).

For all the countries in Answer B (with the exception of Answer C), the PCC needs to have been issued as at the last date you were in that country (e.g., if the last time you were in Spain was January 4, 2017, the PCC needs to have been issued on January 5, 2017). It doesn't matter if the PCC for those countries is more than 6 months old at the time of submission of your application; it only matters that they capture your stay in the country up until the last date you were there.

The EXCEPTION to this would be for a country for which CIC gave explicit instructions to wait for them to issue a letter to you before you request the PCC (usually because the issuing agency won't give you the PCC without the letter from CIC). Such as Oman. What that means is that CIC would send you the letter and, I assume, a request for additional documents, and then after you go and get the PCC for Oman using CIC's letter, you would have to upload it. CIC will probably give you a deadline by which to have this done, once they send you the PCC Request Letter.

However, I'm not sure how they will treat the situation if you already uploaded an Oman PCC without waiting for their letter...

Last edited:

mmsalman

Jul 13, 2017
The EXCEPTION to this would be for a country for which CIC gave explicit instructions to wait for them to issue a letter to you before you request the PCC (usually because the issuing agency won't give you the PCC without the letter from CIC). Such as Oman. What that means is that CIC would send you the letter and, I assume, a request for additional documents, and then after you go and get the PCC for Oman using CIC's letter, you would have to upload it. CIC will probably give you a deadline by which to have this done, once they send you the PCC Request Letter.

However, I'm not sure how they will treat the situation if you already uploaded an Oman PCC without waiting for their letter...
Thanks for your clarifications. My problem is with the Omani certs. I didn't realize there are countries on this "exception list" and my goal was simply to get the PCC from all relevant countries as soon as possible. A big idea in hindsight. I got the cert from Oman without any issues so obviously the information CIC has is outdated or invalid.

Do you think they can reject my application for something that is not even mandatory?

I am planning to submit a Case Specific Enquiry letting them know I have made an error and they should ignore my Oman PCC and that I will get them new ones whenever they ask for it? Or maybe I should go ahead and just get new ones from Oman again and submit them through an enquiry?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Thanks for your clarifications. My problem is with the Omani certs. I didn't realize there are countries on this "exception list" and my goal was simply to get the PCC from all relevant countries as soon as possible. A big idea in hindsight. I got the cert from Oman without any issues so obviously the information CIC has is outdated or invalid.

Do you think they can reject my application for something that is not even mandatory?

I am planning to submit a Case Specific Enquiry letting them know I have made an error and they should ignore my Oman PCC and that I will get them new ones whenever they ask for it? Or maybe I should go ahead and just get new ones from Oman again and submit them through an enquiry?
you are safe
wait until they request from you. in most probably tbey will not
order gcma notes to know whats happening with your file

Aali005

May 5, 2017
I've lived in X country for more than 6 months and I got PCC one month before I left that country. After 2 months I received ITA and my AOR was further after 2 months.
My PCC was all OK.