nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I would appreciate some help on this.

My profile has been on the CIC system since Aug. 2015 with a total points of 444 and I am eligible under CEC. My Canadian work experience is about 23 months right now. Will my points go up on completing 2 years thus increasing my chances of getting that elusive ITA in the next draw?

My PGWP expires end of April, can I apply for an extension if it was valid for 3 yrs ending in April if I don't have the AOR by end of March?

Thanks!

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
nasknihal said:
Hello,

I would appreciate some help on this.

My profile has been on the CIC system since Aug. 2015 with a total points of 444 and I am eligible under CEC. My Canadian work experience is about 23 months right now. Will my points go up on completing 2 years thus increasing my chances of getting that elusive ITA in the next draw?

My PGWP expires end of April, can I apply for an extension if it was valid for 3 yrs ending in April if I don't have the AOR by end of March?

Thanks!
Yes definitely you will get extra points if you finish your 2 year experience in Canada.
Coming to your extension, i am not sure you can get an extension.
The option people have is to apply for a BOWP but this has to be done past AOR and heard from the forum that if your eligibility is not passed there are chances your application for BOWP might be rejected.
you have to act fast since you have less time, I dont know why you waited till the end. OINP is always an option.
Wait for someother opinions as well.
Good luck.

mississaugaapplicant

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
I was in the EXACT same Situation. Score was 444, and then changed to 469 with 2 years of work experience. Then I was able to apply.. That was back in July..got AOR in sept and I'm landing this week. I was on a PG WP as well which was expiring. I do not believe you can extend PG WP after the three mark.

Btw, days of the month don't matter, it's the month itself.. So if you are at 23 months now, and 24 months in March.. Expect your score to increase as of tomorrow. ( I think).

Good luck.

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great, yea I am hoping my points to go up to 469 tomorrow and then the ITA comes in the next draw on March 9th.

The only problem is that I need to get my AOR asap since my PGWP expires on April 25th. Does anyone have any advice on what my options are if I cannot get my AOR in time?

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mississaugaapplicant said:
Btw, days of the month don't matter, it's the month itself.. So if you are at 23 months now, and 24 months in March.. Expect your score to increase as of tomorrow. ( I think).

Good luck.
This is true, however it is a system glitch because EE considers months as the smallest unit for calculating work experience, not days. Should the OP receive an ITA with increased score due to "incomplete" 2 years of experience he/she should decline an invitation, otherwise application will be rejected as the documents supporting work experience will show he/she did not complete full 2 years of work experience at the time of ITA.

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Dont waste time once you get the ITA. These days people are getting AOR's right after applying so you will not have to wait much. With AOR go ahead with the BOWP.
But just make sure that you dont start arranging papers once you get the ITA (since you are running out of time). Just keep all the documents scanned and ready. The NOC code, experience letter with responsibilities, work hours,paystubs and college transcripts and IELTS etc etc..
Best of luck :)

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
This is true, however it is a system glitch because EE considers months as the smallest unit for calculating work experience, not days. Should the OP receive an ITA with increased score due to "incomplete" 2 years of experience he/she should decline an invitation, otherwise application will be rejected as the documents supporting work experience will show he/she did not complete full 2 years of work experience at the time of ITA.
So my points are now at 469 and expecting the ITA next week, I might be a little shy of 2 years work experience but I have to apply coz I need my BOWP to stay here past April 25th since that is when my PGWP expires. What are my options here?

guoqin89

Apr 22, 2016
Hi all,

I am in the same boat here. Current point is 461 and started working from June 2014. Still only got 40 points only under Canada Work Experience. My PGWP is due to expire this June 4 2016. It will be my 24th month of continuous working in Canada in May I am assuming I will get an additional 13 points to put me @ 474.

Someone mentioned about the risk of rejection. Should I accept if the ITA eventually comes? 2 year work anniversary will be @ June 9 2016 :(

Also waiting for ONIP right now.

nasknihal,
Am really to see that you managed to get through the BOWP stage. Congratulations! Are you staying in your current job?

Thanks everyone :)

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guoqin89 said:
Hi all,

I am in the same boat here. Current point is 461 and started working from June 2014. Still only got 40 points only under Canada Work Experience. My PGWP is due to expire this June 4 2016. It will be my 24th month of continuous working in Canada in May I am assuming I will get an additional 13 points to put me @ 474.

Someone mentioned about the risk of rejection. Should I accept if the ITA eventually comes? 2 year work anniversary will be @ June 9 2016 :(

Also waiting for ONIP right now.

nasknihal,
Am really to see that you managed to get through the BOWP stage. Congratulations! Are you staying in your current job?

Thanks everyone :)
Thanks guoqin89, I hope you get your OINP in time, good luck!

Yes, I am continuing in the same job on implied status thanks to the ITA this week!

guoqin89

Apr 22, 2016
It is extremely comforting to hear that you are working now under the implied status because I am wondering if I am able to work once I applied for BOWP.
It is a fast one for you to move from ITA to application of BOWP in a day. I am trying to get my background checks(police report) and up front medical check done before ITA.

Can you pass R10 completeness check in a day?

Thanks,
Guo

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guoqin89 said:
It is extremely comforting to hear that you are working now under the implied status because I am wondering if I am able to work once I applied for BOWP.
It is a fast one for you to move from ITA to application of BOWP in a day. I am trying to get my background checks(police report) and up front medical check done before ITA.

Can you pass R10 completeness check in a day?

Thanks,
Guo
Don't think so, but I think by the time my BOWP application is opened, the R10 check should be passed.