+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my case me accepted for humanitarian

kieranangell

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
The issue is she is still married so she actually does have family. This is the reason you really need to be doing planning now because you don’t have PR. It is much better for your sister to have talked people about her wishes when it comes to care of her children and her wishes when it comes to burial so that things can be implemented when she passes away. It is unclear what her husband is aware of but regardless of their marriage issues he has rights. In Canada the husband is considered her closest family member versus her sister.

I wish you the best but this is a situation where you really need to be proactive.
Their plan once I leave is to separate . And will be splitting the kids as well , 1 will go to my sister who have cancer and my other nephew I don't know where he will drop him since he will be driving truck. Or he might will leave them both (the kids) to my sick sister. Coz he's been saying he will accept a job and leave . He said don't leave coz I will be leaving. He's just basically waiting for the job and then will abadon his family . I'm on difficult situation to be honest .

Last edited:

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
I don't know if this will be possible, but it seems like since your deadbeat brother-in-law is planning to commit child maltreatment, I think your sister should contact social services as soon as possible and see if a case can be filed preemptively. Clearly your sister is in no condition to care for the children, so your brother-in-law is the one who is responsible for their care. I understand wholeheartedly that you want to take care of your family, but you should not be or feel burdened by his irresponsibility.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am so confused. You have just posted all about not leaving but then there is a plan to separate children. In Canada there usually needs to be some form of social services involved in children live with family members permanently. Family members need guardianship to sign off on many decisions. It seems unlikely that such a small child would be able to live with a mother in palliative care. If your sister has cancer that has already metastasized to numerous places I don’t think it may be possible to go through a legal separation and then divorce. Please call the cancer clinic and ask to speak to a social worker. I am sure they have had to deal with situations where a single parent is passing away and they may be able to help you sort out who you need to contact.