+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my cancelled PR application be reopened?

Apr 11, 2021
Hi everyone:

I need help with my CEC PR application process.

I entered the pool around mid January 2021, and got an ITA on February 13, 2021 with CRS of 380.

Application was submitted on Feb 21, 2021 and got cancelled on March 10, 2021 due to expired medical upfront(exactly 1 month expired after submission)

I redid my medical exam and raised CSE via webform on March 11, 2021 with the updated document. At the same time, created a new EE profile got in the pool on the same day.

April 7: I received this message from the CSC:
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto anonline account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Does this mean my application will be reopened soon or they are still working on considering the enquiry? My status online still shows as “cancelled as incomplete” as of today.

Thank you for your help.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes I did. Old medical report expired on Jan 21, 2021. i submitted my PR application in Feb 21, 2021. Got a new medical exam on March 11, raised CSE on the same day.
IMO, it’s a valid reason for marking your application as incomplete. You have 90 days to submit your application but you went ahead and submitted early but with an expired medical. You should waited for your medical appointment in March then your app afterwards.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
  • The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
  • The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
  • The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B, whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
  • Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule).

Apr 11, 2021
IMO, it’s a valid reason for marking your application as incomplete. You have 90 days to submit your application but you went ahead and submitted early but with an expired medical. You should waited for your medical appointment in March then your app afterwards.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
  • The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
  • The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
  • The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B, whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
  • Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule).
Hi,

I think you have not read my entire post to begin with. I waited for a month after raising a case specific enquiry, I got a message from the CIC and it’s above. They stated in the email:
“We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm that the application is still in process.”

Reactions: NOC98

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi,

I think you have not read my entire post to begin with. I waited for a month after raising a case specific enquiry, I got a message from the CIC and it’s above. They stated in the email:
“We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm that the application is still in process.”
Try calling IRCC to get clarity.

Kristine Chaw

Oct 10, 2019
I received the same message too. My PR application was rejected due to incomplete on march 23. and I submitted webform along with required document and explanation letter. today I received the reply from ircc regarding my webform as per below.

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm that the application is still in process.

Did u get ur PR application re opened ?

Apr 11, 2021
I received the same message too. My PR application was rejected due to incomplete on march 23. and I submitted webform along with required document and explanation letter. today I received the reply from ircc regarding my webform as per below.

Did u get ur PR application re opened ?
Unfortunately no. I will wait and see.