+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I get Canada (Ontario) driving lic directly???

smilekumar

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Hi,

I have a valid US driving license issued in June 2010 and valid till Dec 2012. Will I be able to get the driving lic from Canada (Ontario) directly since their is reciprocal exchange between Canada and US? But right now I'm in India. Still would I get the lic?

Thank You

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Yes, you can get the Ontario license here without giving any test. But it seems like you will not get G license as your driving licence is not valid for more than 2 years. You have to submit the US license back and they will issue Ontario license. they will do an eye test as part of this process...

smilekumar said:
Hi,

I have a valid US driving license issued in June 2010 and valid till Dec 2012. Will I be able to get the driving lic from Canada (Ontario) directly since their is reciprocal exchange between Canada and US? But right now I'm in India. Still would I get the lic?

Thank You

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indocanda said:
Yes, you can get the Ontario license here without giving any test. But it seems like you will not get G license as your driving licence is not valid for more than 2 years. You have to submit the US license back and they will issue Ontario license. they will do an eye test as part of this process...
I have had US drivers license for about 10 yrs,From 1995 to 2005 , but now expired, what about my case
Thx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ItsBeenLongNow said:
I have had US drivers license for about 10 yrs,From 1995 to 2005 , but now expired, what about my case
Thx
Nope, it has been expired more than a year.

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
WHAT ABOUT ME..I GOT 5 YEARS OLD UK DRIVING LICENCE, UK ALSO DOES reciprocal exchange WITH CANADA.
I GOT MY PLASTIC DL AND PAPER COUNTERPART. I HAVE AN INDIAN DL WITH 10Y EXPERIENCES OF DRIVING.

SHALL I GET CANADIAN DL STRAIGHT AWAY??

RABB RAKHA
BABBU