+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be on implied status while my passport had been submitted for PR stamping

sunbun

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Hello friends, My work permit getting expired in next one month time and I submitted my passports to CIC today for PR visa stamping. In case, if they take more than a month to send back the passport, will I be on implied status or should I apply for BOWP now ? Please let me know

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
No, you'll not be on implied status. You either need to get a visitors visa or if you want to keep working, an (open) work permit

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
if you do not get your passport back with visa stamped in and confirmation of permanent residence within one week of your work permit expiry date then apply for BOWP online to maintain a legal status in Canada until you land.
sending passport for visa stamping will not grant you an implied status and you do not want to jeopardize your situation when you are close to the finish line.
good luck and i hope you get your passport back asap :)

sunbun

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the information

mrFoce said:
No, you'll not be on implied status. You either need to get a visitors visa or if you want to keep working, an (open) work permit

sunbun

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Thanks canadavisa13, I will plan to do the same. As per the current trend they should send the passports back with visa in 20 days time but due to Christmas holidays, I had a doubt whether they will delay. I will wait till the end and will apply for BOWP.
Do you know whether we can inform CIC about our urgency and get the visa stamped fast ?

canadavisa13 said:
if you do not get your passport back with visa stamped in and confirmation of permanent residence within one week of your work permit expiry date then apply for BOWP online to maintain a legal status in Canada until you land.
sending passport for visa stamping will not grant you an implied status and you do not want to jeopardize your situation when you are close to the finish line.
good luck and i hope you get your passport back asap :)

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
no problem sunbun :)

well if you have a solid reason that can be defined as urgent to the visa officer,you can email cpp-ottawa and ask for an expedited visa stamping just make sure you include proof of your urgent situation.
if your situation is like others im sure they will ignore your request because everyone would want to get their passport asap.

sunbun

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
My urgency is that my current work permit is getting expired and other than that I dont have any personal urgency. I think this situation wouldn't be considered as urgency from CIC side.

canadavisa13 said:
no problem sunbun :)

well if you have a solid reason that can be defined as urgent to the visa officer,you can email cpp-ottawa and ask for an expedited visa stamping just make sure you include proof of your urgent situation.
if your situation is like others im sure they will ignore your request because everyone would want to get their passport asap.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
unfortunately its not considered as URGENT because you have the option to apply for BOWP,even without bowp they wouldn't consider it just forget that and patiently wait my friend ;)