+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be eligible?

Nov 25, 2017
Hi,

I have completed B.Tech Chemical Engineering. Since then, i had been working project management officer (PMO) in a software development company for four and half years.

Having two different backgrounds, will I be eligible? if so, Which NOC should i go for? FYI, I will be pursuing my career in IT field in future.

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

I have completed B.Tech Chemical Engineering. Since then, i had been working project management officer (PMO) in a software development company for four and half years.

Having two different backgrounds, will I be eligible? if so, Which NOC should i go for? FYI, I will be pursuing my career in IT field in future.
Having a completely different academic background than your field of work is quite a norm nowadays.
It will not be an issue.

Please do some research on NOC and choose using your judgement.
This is the most important factor in your application and you must know this inside out.

Reactions: nikhilmukund26
Nov 25, 2017
Having a completely different academic background than your field of work is quite a norm nowadays.
It will not be an issue.

Please do some research on NOC and choose using your judgement.
This is the most important factor in your application and you must know this inside out.
Ok. Thanks for your response.

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi,

@nikhilmukund26
As superspecial90 noted, your field of work does not have to be the same with your academic background with exception of most professions that require licensing. i.e. Medicine, Law, Architecture, Engineering, etc. for which you MUST have the educational background before you can be allowed to work / practice them.

You can always purse a career in IT once in Canada but you first have to get in. And to get in, you'll need to choose an NOC that is closely related to the work experiences you have or jobs you've done because you'll be required to provide a matching work experience letter.

Hope this further helps.

Reactions: nikhilmukund26
Nov 25, 2017
@nikhilmukund26
As superspecial90 noted, your field of work does not have to be the same with your academic background with exception of most professions that require licensing. i.e. Medicine, Law, Architecture, Engineering, etc. for which you MUST have the educational background before you can be allowed to work / practice them.

You can always purse a career in IT once in Canada but you first have to get in. And to get in, you'll need to choose an NOC that is closely related to the work experiences you have or jobs you've done because you'll be required to provide a matching work experience letter.

Hope this further helps.
Thanks for your inputs. Am getting a clear idea than how i was few days back.